Setups LCD Screens

Hi Guys,
Can anyone advise me if the 7" LCD screens that are used for car reversing would be OK to use for FPV ??
Cheers
John

Derek

i'm no pro, but i would think that as long as that 7" LCD screen that you are talking about had the correct audio and video hook ups, I think it would work

WyDiablo

I also found that my tiny portable DVD player will also work as an FPV monitor. It also has the correct hook ups.

Lee

Yep, as Derek said. I know Bruce from RCmodelreviews uses that exact thing.

Tasajara

I am not sure which ones will blue screen on you, that is you can lose picture if your video signal gets to week.
The Models at ReadyMadeRC and FoxTech FPV
are Designed specifically to not blank out like the majority of compact monitors.
But they will cost a little more than the eBay ones. But for me it is well worth the piece of mind to know you want lose picture if you are flying by it instead of goggles.
I look to add one to my Ground Station so PPL get to see what I see in my goggles.

Last edited:

Derek

That's actually a really good point there, Tasajara!!!

I definitely wanna get a lil screen so that my wife can also see what I'm seeing in my goggles....well, when I get my goggles, lol

WyDiablo

Yea, thats why I hooked up my DVD player so my wife and friends can see the same thing I see while flying with goggles. This next fly I make will only be my 3rd FPV ever. That is if we can get some good weather around here.

Top Bottom