murankar

Staff member
Chargery S1500 Power Supply PS-CS1500
EZ-Solder 4mm Banana Plugs
Connector Type Male XT90 Connectors
Universal Modular Charge Board
Banana Plug Binding Post for PRC Cases
Heavy Duty AC Adapter for PRC Cases

As for the other stuff I am holding out till later on tomorrow for the case, I chose the Seahorse SE720. I have a small laundry list of stuff at amazon also. I am thinking of ordering that stuff this week also. I hope to have everything here around the same time. My PRC order is backordered till the 13th of this month. Next friday is payday so if I order the odds and ends from amazon then Ill pay it off on friday. I will still be running my PL6 as the charger and I will be modifying the plug on it to accommodate the new power supply. My goal is the fewest connections possible to get it running. I just may end up with a generator before I leave but not sure yet, not a necessity at this point. I am so thinking about that bump charger right now. again will see.

This is going to be my last project for a very long time. So I need to do it right.

so just ordered the amazon stuff and it should be here around the 11th. I also ordered the bump charger which means I dont have to fuss around with the main charger. All I need to see is how the PC link is going to connect. Whats left? the case., a few banna plugs, some wire and cable ring ends.

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
This week was supposed to be the week I get my power supply for my improved setup. I ordered the bump charger and it was out of stock also with no restock date. After looking at the restock dates last night I was a bit shocked. When I ordered the bump controller I had it setup to ship back home because I did not have a restock date. About last night; I found out that the bump controller should be in stock on the 13th and the power supply just got pushed out till the 30th. What does that mean, I have some shipping info to change and it means a delay in the build.

I have in route as of right now: Seahorse SE-720, Veltex (velcro cloth), 2 power step downs, some connectors, cabling and odds and ends. Not much left to gther for this project. I still have to get some material for a deck lid. Any suggestions? I was just going to go to Home depot and pick up some thick lexan. would like clear or lite smoke.

murankar

Staff member
I'm sitting watching Yankee Marshal on youtube and it dawned on me. I have not claimed the solution to my issues with progressiverc. Now your probably thinking it was and on the contrarily.

With all the back order stuff that i have and stuff thats in stock just sitting there. My biggest issue is that the 24v power supply is now on back order til the 30th. This is not good because I wont be at the address that I am at when it arrives in the mail. Then because I did not know til yesterday that the bumb charger is going to be in stock on friday I had it shipped home. So I opened up my trusty outlook web app and proceed to claim my issues. I explained all of this in my email and requested to change the shipping address of the both the bump charger and the power supply. I then proceeded to ask if they could send all the stuff that was in stock with the bump charger.

At noon or so I get a reply back and holy moly they actually granted my request 100%. I am having the bump charger sent here with some wire banana plugs and binding posts, while my power supply is being sent to my home. Man that's why I love doing business with the good people. Yeah you may pay a little more or have to maybe pay for some shipping but it makes it worth it in the end.

murankar

Staff member
barely. This will be the last major project for a while. Since I have the resources right now I wanted to get it done. I did not think I would be redoing the charger. Given that I have most of it already i figures it would not take much to make it proper. As my guess was I was wrong. Still though its not really a lot of stuff. When I get home from this training I will be set for a very long time. The only things I would need to maintain are going to be blades batteries and misc parts for repairs. I may order the ESC and motor for the X3 just before I leave and have them sent home. I am so not looking forward to returning back to the norm. But it is what it is. Summer I hope will be fun though.

murankar

Staff member
Tody my seahorse case came in along with more goodies. The soldiers that sit in the admin office really got a kick out me today. I got 3 boxes in the mail and whats sad is I have 1 more that still has not shipped yet. Anyhow I got one soldier questioning my spending habits, I got 5 other soldiers with a civilian wondering if I am moving in. I said yep, and by the way I am an RC Heli Pilot, I need to go to my addiction meeting tonight.

murankar

Staff member
I finally got off my butt and got the veltex stuck to the lid. Veltex is a felt designed to work with velcro. One side is felt the other side is the loop side of velcro. My original intent was to use the veltex to stick the PSU and charger to the inside of the case. After receiving the material and doing some shear testing I decided against it. Having it in the lid does two things: one makes it look a little more neater and two it gives me a place to hang my cables with velcro. Now the cables and wires should not pose a problem in regards to weight vs shear strength. Shear strength is how much weight the material can hold in a tugging motion. If you were to use this as a wallpaper then its how much weight it can hold. If you pull away or off the material it has a low shear strength. This is why I opted against using it as a hardware retention solution. I will post some images a little later. Due to time constraints during luch I just did not have enough of it, time.

Tony

Staff member
If you want to attach to the lid, look into the industrial valcro (hook & loop) in the fabric section at walmart. This is the stuff I use in the truck to hold power inverters, routers, bridges and I also use it to secure my microwave, toaster oven and coffee pot. Nothing has ever moved. The only failure I have ever had was when I didn't use enough alcohol to clean the plastic and the adhesive didn't stick very well. Other than that, I have a very hard time removing this stuff. And it's a bad idea to use it to secure batteries to a foamy lmao.

murankar

Staff member
I don't have enough depth to attach the charger. I can attach the bump controller but then I would have to redo the cables I made yesterday. Only things going on the lid are cables and remote for the lights. Plus I wanted it to look nicer than plain plastic. Now if I have the space I may cut a smaller piece for inside the main compartment.

vimy

And it's a bad idea to use it to secure batteries to a foamy lmao.

LOL, that's coz you'll rip a hole in the fuselage getting the hook and loop tape apart.

The best stuff is the 3M hook and loop tape. Much better than Velcro.

murankar

Staff member
The fabric I have on the lid is good for light weight stuff like charge leads and maybe a battery tester. Now the battery tester wont stay on the lid during transport but it will hang nicely during a day at the field.

Top Bottom