Servos Kst rebuild

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Good day all. I recently crashed my heli and my Kst DS215MG servo arm gear broke. I have a rebuild kit on the way and this is the first time i will rebuild a servo. I like to know if there is anything else should i inspect while i have the servo apart and what kind of lubricant should i use for the gears? The top part of the servo contain the gears but the bottom half of the servo has tape on it like the company doesn't want you break the seal. Will i get in trouble if i break the seal like ripping the tag of the mattress, LoL or is there no reason for me to get into the bottom part of the servo? I always bought cheap servos and if they went bad, i just threw them away and got another cheap servo. I can use some advice for a first time in rebuilding servo. Thanks everyone and enjoy!

heli-maniac

No need to take the bottom half apart
replacing the gears on that servo are fairly easy .Just take it apart slowly so the gears dont just fall out

I always photograph the gears before I take them apart to make sure they go back exactly the same. Also I use silicon grease, just a little dab on each gear seems to do the trick.

murankar

Staff member
Take pictures. Only take one apart, should something happens then you have 2 for reference. What to look for, weak or stressed wires. Look at the casing ensure its not cracked, especially the cap ends. The dog ears could have hair lined fractured.

As for grease, I use white lithium on mine.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

heli-maniac

Take pictures. Only take one apart, should something happens then you have 2 for reference. What to look for, weak or stressed wires. Look at the casing ensure its not cracked, especially the cap ends. The dog ears could have hair lined fractured.

As for grease, I use white lithium on mine.

Hey silly these are metal cased servos

murankar

Staff member
Still never hurts to look anyways. You never know.

Iny defense I just finished my fourth 12 hour day shift in 4 days. Tomorrow I am off then on Tuesday I start 4 12 hour night shifts.

Last edited:

heli-maniac

Still never hurts to look anyways. You never know.

Iny defense I just finished my fourth 12 hour day shift in 4 days. Tomorrow I am off then on Tuesday I start 4 12 hour night shifts.

Lol im just razing ya

Top Bottom