Cars Ksrc-001 Help

thatnoobyrc

my ksrc-001 won’t start and I tilted it back a little to move it and it spilled some fuel out of the exhaust, help is much appreciated, I’m very new to this to break it down as much as possible

Tony

Staff member
With the little info I could find, I'm guessing this is a 2 stroke engine? If so, if you are getting fuel out of the exhaust, that is bad. That means it is flooded. Take out the spark plug and kill the ignition (unplug it) and pull the starter cord a few times to clear out the cylinder. Then make sure your plug is not fouled (black). Put the plug back in and turn the choke off, no choke and give it some pulls. It should start. If it doesn't you may need to look at the reeds under the carb. They could be stuck open which can cause issues.

thatnoobyrc

With the little info I could find, I'm guessing this is a 2 stroke engine? If so, if you are getting fuel out of the exhaust, that is bad. That means it is flooded. Take out the spark plug and kill the ignition (unplug it) and pull the starter cord a few times to clear out the cylinder. Then make sure your plug is not fouled (black). Put the plug back in and turn the choke off, no choke and give it some pulls. It should start. If it doesn't you may need to look at the reeds under the carb. They could be stuck open which can cause issues.
Is it good?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 2

Tony

Staff member
I'm not sure, I can't see the end of the electrode and I can't see the insulator. I forgot to mention, check the gap on the plug as well. Most engines are going to want a .035" gap. The insulator should be a dark brown, but not totally black. If it looks wet, then it is either covered in oil or gas. But seeing as this is a 2 stroke, oil is not uncommon. So long as it is not soaking wet.

thatnoobyrc

I'm not sure, I can't see the end of the electrode and I can't see the insulator. I forgot to mention, check the gap on the plug as well. Most engines are going to want a .035" gap. The insulator should be a dark brown, but not totally black. If it looks wet, then it is either covered in oil or gas. But seeing as this is a 2 stroke, oil is not uncommon. So long as it is not soaking wet.
It’s closer to cranking now, it starts to try to run for less than half a second, and yes it is two stroke

Tony

Staff member
You can leave the plug out of it for an hour or so, cranking on it every now and then to introduce fresh air into the cylinder. To me, it sounds like it was flooded and just wasn't getting enough air.

thatnoobyrc

You can leave the plug out of it for an hour or so, cranking on it every now and then to introduce fresh air into the cylinder. To me, it sounds like it was flooded and just wasn't getting enough air.
Finally turned on but broke after going too fast, I’ll be fixing soon

Tony

Staff member
Just takes playing around with things for long enough. Now you know, if the plug is wet and smells heavily like gas to tell someone to pull the plug and let it air out for a bit. One step at a time is all it takes.

Top Bottom