kenbeav, new member intro

kenbeav

kenbev here, glad to be new member of rc help. i started building and flying rc planes in 1960, we did not have digital then, the receivers were the reed type. i would build the receiver and transmiter from kits, build the planes from balsa wood kits the cover with silk and finish with dope that i would buy from the air port repair shop. i now fly a 450 dynam heli and use a fly sky th9x radio system. i also use a phoenix 4.0 flight sim. downloaded the upgrade to 5.0 and have had lots of trouble with it. will post about this later. i live in Lexington Alabama, about 50 miles from Huntsville Alabama, and 20 miles from Florence, Alabama. i used to fly on the old Courtland Army Air Base, great flying place everything was concrete, acres of flying space.

wolfman76

WELCOME TO THE RC-HELP FAMILY. .. you should drop tasajara (Craig) here lives somewhere in Alabama maybe close to you. .

Admiral

Welcome to forum Benkev, we started in aeromodelling about the same time, my start was Free flight gliders, the Control Line followed by FF Power, the first RC model I saw was single channel home made Tx & Rx with a rubber band escapement in the plane that must have been about 1965 I didn't get into RC for years after that probably about 1985.

Top Bottom