FBL Gyro KDS Flymentor Auto Pilot system - Has anyone ever successfully set one up?

Westy

LEGEND
Hey All,

just wondering if anyone here has set one up and successfully flown a heli on it and is familiar with the set up procedure and protocols.??

I have a client that has sent me thier heli (HK450GT). and a Turnigy TX running TH9x software. I am really familiar with ER9x and TH9x does not seem to have the heli menu in there.

I can work it all out on my won .... but would be good if someone had done it to super speed up my time.

the way I understand it .... you set up the head and CCPM as per normal ... and then... hook it all up to the fly-mentor controller.

then configure your TX to have a 3 positional switch to set the 3 modes on the controller ... so at the flick of a switch, you can select whicever mode you want it to work in.

Lee

I'll want commission if i help LOL :D
Sorry no help from here. Never set one up.

Westy

LEGEND
haha..... I will sort it all out ... just will take a bit longer... I am sure I will sort it for them..... way out of thier league of experience

orbi

NO ! the thing is ... as far as i can see. it tells you to NOT set up the heli first, you have to nutral it and do any set up in the balancer programme via PC check youtube on flymentor. my prob is that I cant get my USB lead to be seen by software from CD. keeps asking me to plug in the lead/ no adapter etc.

- - - Updated - - -

set tx swash 90 deg no mix at all everything 100% travel no reverses at all, 60% ail elev pitch , no subs all zero. only add 10% in all expo s and leave the 100% settings in there. this is where you start. some people use their own gyros. but not sure where they plug em. see youtube! i cant get passed the pc to heli link stage. so im stuck... I got the green light and heli is sitting here waitng for the Pc set up.

Top Bottom