450 Kds 450 Sv - Esc Kds 40a

Jo_Nopp

Hello,

after 9 year abstinence from Heli flying i took my KDS 450 SV out of the cellar.
I found at Youtube very good videos to check my setup and i found this Forum :applause:
My mechanic setup from the KDS is now ok, but i have problems with the original ESC.
The Motor starts very hard. The ESC is programmable. But this beep -beep - beep makes my crazy
and i not really know what i'm doing or rather what i have really programmed.
So i'm looking since some days in german forums to find a programming card for this speed controller.
But i didn't find some information.

So i wanna ask you guys for help.
Do you know a programming card or an alternative good programmable ESC?

Thanks for Help!

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I'm a big fan of HobbyWing esc. With the programming box it's easy to set up the esc.

Tony

Staff member
I looked all over and could not find a program card for that ESC. If it is as old as you are saying it is, I highly doubt it even had one. I'm sure you had to program it with the beeps, which yes, are very annoying lol.

I as well run the hobbywing ESC's on my heli's now. My Goblin even has one. And I'm sure you can use the same program card that we are using for the larger ones to set it up as well. Castle also makes great ESC's and when you order one, you can get a code for a free Castle Link. Takes FOREVER for them to actually ship it to you, but it is free...

Jo_Nopp

which one would you prefer?
- FlyFun or Platinum Pro
- Programm card or Programm Box

in the future i want to build a fpv quad racer - can i use hobbywing ESC too?
i don't want to buy xx progamming card's or boxes

Tony

Staff member
The FunFly is going to be your basic model. It is what I have run, and still run on planes. However, the Pro model (as linked below. Not saying to get this one, but it will show you the style. Shop around for best price in your region) has way better governor features, well, just more features overall. The program card is super easy to use and should last you a long time in a 450 heli.

Hobbywing Platinum 25A V4 40A V4 Brushless ESC for RC Models | eBay

For some reason I didn't read the second part of your post, so here is an EDIT.

Hobbywing does make ESC's for quads, but IMO they are a little behind in the times. Even EMAX makes some good ESC's but your best bet is to get an All In One ESC whre it is one board that fits under your flight controller and you just run wires out to the motors. Way more protected than ESC's sitting on the arms.

murankar

Staff member
Hobbywing platinum series is the way to go. Since you are flying a true 450 you will need an esc around 35 to 45 amps. I am not sure how low the Hobbywing platinum series goes .

Admiral

The Platinum HV are 200A & 160A, standard Platinum goes from 130A down to 25A including 40A & 50A for 450 size helicopters, I have a couple of 50A HW ESCs and my only complaint would be that they don't have a soft start feature which is not really an insurmountable problem once you realize it.

Top Bottom