600 Kasama Dune 600

Smoggie

I've had the Dune for a little while now but thout it worth sharing some details of this unusual and distinctive heli.

I fell in love with the Dune the first time i saw photos of it with the canopy removed. the engineering is just exquisite. The design of the Dune flies in the face of most current helis and sometimes seems like the design philosophy is 'why use one part when you can use three:rolleyes: But once you put an engineers eye over it you start to understand why Mr Kasama designed it like he did.

Anyway here she is:

Main frame, unlike any other heli I've seen!:
DSCN1555.jpg

The Dune used a modular construction with main components housed in sub assemblies. here are the aileron and pitch servos:
DSCN1553.jpg

Frame from the opposite side:
DSCN1556.jpg

The complete heli less canopy:
DSCN1554.jpg

And with the canopy fitted (the design of which is an acquired taste):
DSCN1557.jpg

And here is a video, don't expect any great flying skills, but it finished the video in the same number of pieces that it started, so that's good enough for me:

Last edited by a moderator:

Lee

Nice. Not a hell you see much of, except in the UK.
How is parts supply?
They are well engineered.

Smoggie

Yeah, the engineering and finish on the components is about the best of any heli I've seen. Here in the UK there is reasonable parts supply, there is only one dealer though so if they were out you might have a problem. Luckily i've not needed any parts for it so far (touch wood).

It flies real nice, it's quite light and efficient so gets a bit longer flight time than my Trex 600 Pro on the same batteries.

Tony

Staff member
That is one beautiful helicopter and great flying as well! I wouldn't mind having that heli in my fleet! Very nice craftsmanship on that.

Top Bottom