Setups Karubah or Stambo?

Karubah

no mate. my thoughts are for FPV go with the best you can afford. there is a lot of money tied up in a multirotor and you don't want to lose it due to loss of signal.
That is why I am building a cheap tricopter so that i can try out some of these systems to see if they work for me and if it does go A over T I am not losing much with a cheap tri. Cheers Andy

WyDiablo

I have had memory lose so it kinda hard for me to recall things anymore. I guess it might have been Stambo. Anyways thanks for the reply I"m still trying to decide what size batteries to slap on the big X4 650 quad. I have looked at 4S, 5S and 6S decisions big time just hoping to make the right choice so I will not have batteries that I can't use lolololol.

Stambo

I have a 600mw immersion tx and an imersion diversity rx. I use 5.8 but if I was to do it again I would research the lower frequency stuff.
The Immersio/Fatshark 5.8 frequencies are different to everyone else so I found when looking at micro FPV gear to stick on my V949.
However there is now a receiver that gets both frequencies which I may look at as I want to FPV the V949 just for a laugh.
The $37.50 was my OSD system which is fitted and giving me on screen data but the weather has been to bad to try the GPS.
The camera I am using is the Horyzon HD V3 and it's excellent.
Video is viewed with Fatshark goggles, 7" monitor or 42" plasma tv.

WyDiablo

Sorry Stambo I thought that was a vtx. So how did the osd with the gps turn out was it worth the 37 bucks that you paid?

Stambo

Sorry Stambo I thought that was a vtx. So how did the osd with the gps turn out was it worth the 37 bucks that you paid?

It is installed and working with the display but I have no GPS at the moment as the weather has been junk here so I can't get it outside to initialise.
As long as the GPS works, it's well worth it.

Stambo

If you look just to the left of my posts you will see that I am in Whangarei, New Zealand. :p:p:)

Stambo

Stambo is in sheep country ;) hahaha
Sorry dude couldn't resist the swipe from across the ditch hehe

If you want a swipe, at least we don't cull our national animal. :)
Let alone eat it......

Besides , you guys got WAAAY more sheep than us, ours are just better looking. :p

Last edited:
But it tastes soooo good!! ;)
But you are right i do find that amusing... we eat both animals on our coat of arms... they both taste pretty good haha

Top Bottom