FBL Gyro K bar or V bar

Lillyryan

Hey all!
Just wondered what you make of the K bar? I want to change the fbl controller on the Trex 600n dfc before the 3gx piles me into the dirt lol. I have got V bars on the 700n and the N5 which are both superb. Is the K bar better than the 3gx or should i just splash out on another V bar?

Thanks

murankar

Staff member
I can't say for sure. I just got my kbar. I heard its a great knock off that works. One thing to know is the blue kbar is the only kbar with a gov. So if you need that functionality get the blue one.

I bought my based off many recommendations.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Tony

Staff member
Think of it this way, a crash on a 600N is going to run you about $250. Save money and go the cheap route, then crash. Boom, $250. Okay, maybe it was dumb thumbs, crash, boom, another $250. You could have just purchased the VBar... IMO, go with the authentic, not a clone. Especially on something that size. You already know they are awesome gyros, so why skimp? Just my opinion though. I'm not running the 3GX anymore and have the ikon and BX on my birds.

Lillyryan

Thanks chaps. Think I will save up and get another V bar then. Spent to much money lately though so will have to jig along on 3gx till then.

Slobberdog

I know people who have entrusted thier logos and avant's and synergy'so to the kbar, and not heard may complain, but if you are going to go for it get the full size version with separate sensor,

I had the kbar and it was rock solid, very good value for money,

sj71

Why aren't you using the 3GX anymore Tony? Do you believe it to be inferior or is the setting up issues which I've heard about? I haven't flown my 800E Pro (with a 3GX) yet and I don't want to if a BeastX is far superior. In the video's you say it's fine, but then you're not using it yourself...!?!

murankar

Staff member
3gx is not a very reliable gyro. The gyro in most cases is very difficult to tune. It has had a lot of issues since v3 and every time something gets fixed something else breaks.

Will the 3gx fly, yes; is it ideal, no. There are way better gyros for cheaper on the market.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Tony

Staff member
Why aren't you using the 3GX anymore Tony? Do you believe it to be inferior or is the setting up issues which I've heard about? I haven't flown my 800E Pro (with a 3GX) yet and I don't want to if a BeastX is far superior. In the video's you say it's fine, but then you're not using it yourself...!?!

The 3GX is a little out dated. It's been known to just change settings from one battery to another and handle completely different. Will it get the job done? Yup, it will. But if i had all of that money in an 800 size helicopter, I would want the BX or even better yet, the Ikon on that beast. But you can get the 3GX to work, just be ready for the odd things that it can do.

Top Bottom