Just starting in the true R hobby, wanted to say hello :D

Shaddiz

Hello everyone! Not sure how much I should write but ... here we go!

I'm a 40 year old git from Noway. Kinda just starting my RC hobby hehe. Like alot of the crazy norse viking decents, I saw it, and jumped right at it, figuring this outta be fun :D
I am a single father for a 4 year old son, who love the rc as well. I've gotten him a couple of helis and cars that he love to drive/fly
We usually try to fly/drive every day, as long as the weather allow us to do so.
But in the windy/rainy days I might just pick my bike, and he will drive his 12v jeep!

I am/was a truckdriver. long haul!
But I had an accident at work, falling down 5 mtrs, and broke 4 disks and a spinal vertebrae! 2 operations later it was clear that my days as a truckdriver was over!
Now, 3 years later, I am starting to be able to walk or bike for a longer period. I am hoping to get back into diving again next year!
But ... this gave me the perfect excuse to start my RC hobby :D

Started out getting some 2 and 3 channel helis for myself, and some small rc cars for my son. After a while I purchased the Blade MQX .. damn this is a fun quad to play with. My son inherit all my small helis. Flying the quad for 2-3 months I went to the RC store to get some new blades .. saw the Blade 450 3D, and impulsive me took that one too ...

I am now reading up and down forums and pages to learn and understand this beatuy .. watching tubes and more...
Found this site, and think this will be my new home for this fun hobby!

I think this should be it for now, can't bore everyone with dry reading all the time :D

Cya all around, and .. if there is anyone here that is from Bergen, Norway area, please let me know :D

EyeStation

Welcome to the forum. Those impulse buys seem to be common around here. You will find a bunch of great info and help here. And the people here are even greater.

Karubah

:welcome1: This is a great forum to part of. Plenty of very smart blokes to answer your questions if you have any.

wolfman76

WELCOME TO THE RC-HELP FAMILY MY FRIEND FROM THE WINDY CITY AREA CHI TOWN (CHICAGO) LOL.... Glad to have you one of the best investments in this hobby you can get is a good Sim most of will probably suggest phoenix Sim but a few also have other brands out the next step up which is RealFlight 6.5 either way they allow you to practice whatever it is you want to fly without attire a hefty repair bill due to a crash... Best wishes in this great hobby and hope to help you soon

Shaddiz

Thanks for the welcome! I got the Phoenix RC4 SIM to train on ... after constant crashing for the heli in the sim, and trying to figure out whats wrong, I managed to delete the org. factory model profiles for my Blade 450 3D on the tx :D
Have managed to setup a simple model that atleast I can fly in the sim, kinda like one stick does only one operation! I tried to follow the settings from Tony but don't understand this yet.. moving the throttle stick on the tx makes both sticks move, and the heli fall over and crash!

But I reckon going through all the info on this forum, and ask what I can't figure out will help me learn to fly this bird for the first time ( yes .. still .. after 4 days it's still not started up :D )

Tony

Staff member
:welcome1:

Welcome to the forum. Sucks about the fall, but it could have been a lot worse than it is with that injury! Hope the recovery keeps going well for you!

As for the sim, go down into the simulator section and post up a help thread. I'm still trying to catch up from being off the forum for 4 days and it's taking a while. so you may have done it already, I'm just posting as I see the threads lol.

Top Bottom