700 Just ordered my Trex 700E

Tomhintz

Had an incident with my 700 that was totally my fault but was very confusing at first.
I had changed the BeastX (AR7200BX) so that all control was in it rather than using dual rates etc on the radio. I had flown it this way a few times with no problem. Yesterday when I took off I had collective but no rudder, aileron or elevator and it was drifting towards me and the pits so I sucked it into the ground and hit the kill switch at the same time. I might have been able to just land it but it was only a few feet from the pit fence so I felt I was time to put it in. Butsted on gear strut, one tail rotor blade and the forward torque tube drive gear.

When I changed the control to the BeastX I had zeroed out all of the dual rates in the radio for that model. I had flown a plane before the 700 and had the dual rate switch in the 1 position (all of my dual rates work off the ruder DR switch) so the elevator, aileron and rudder were essentially killed. Afterwards we finally figured out what happened, flip that switch back to the 0 position and everything worked fine.

I write all this because nobody there out of several experienced helicopter pilots had ever seen that particular combination of settings cause that problem. The parts are ordered, I consider myself to be very lucky overall and will be putting the dual rates back in the radio when I go through the BeastX after repairs are made.

Top Bottom