250 Just my luck

crashbash

Hi guys, first post for me,
Took my 250 for a little fresh air this morning, never flew better no wag, just hung there, I have just spent the last few days taming the little beast, when it got behind me and I lost orientation, hit the deck, although I was flying over grass, sods law it came down on the tarmac path.
Bent tail boom, bent tail rotor shaft and flybar link. Took about an hour to fix but when I checked it over the pitch was miles out, after scratching my head I spent ages trying to re-set up the head, 0 at half throttle etc, just about to give up for the day when I noticed something, silly, silly me, I had replaced the broken flybar link with the wrong size, (2mm difference) wish I had noticed this before as now I have to re-set up the pitch again,
Moral of the story check what you are doing and don,t rush

Regards Rob

Glad to hear you got the 250 all sorted ,, yeah I did similar with my 450 the first time I set it up had all the linkages off and put two in wrong place and upset all the settings, took me a good hour scrating the head before it dawned on me what I had done wrong,,,lol

Tony

Staff member
lol, we have all been there Rob. You get to the point where you are ready to just trash it, then bam, there is the simple solution haha. Be sure to post up some pics or vids of this bad boy. We all would like to see it in action.

Lee

Rob i passed your gaff this morning. Went to San Fernando shopping with the Mrs. Nice day for flying. got through 5 bats on the beach this arvo. 3 on the tricopter and two on my MCPX. Give me a bell the next couple of days. Maybe we can go fly. :D

Top Bottom