just me the fng

Hello all my name is russell wilson I am a newb pretty much I have gotten fairly decent at lying the small 3 ch syma v911 i am wanting to move up and I need help I'm not sure what section to go to to ask the questions that I have i live in nc and don't care for it lol I'm a 36 year old disabled veteran and I have time to fly on my hands I have two younger daughters who are also wanting to fly as well so I have them learning on the cheap quadcopters from walgreens any and all help will be greatly appreciated and I thoroughly enjoy learning new things thanks for listening

SIXFOOTER

Welcome aboard Russell.
There are sections to post questions for Quads and the different classes of Heli's
But you can start here and tell us what you want to do?
Want a 450 heli, Bigger?
Bigger better FPV Quad?

Well I want to learn how to fly the six channel birds I have three dynam e razor 450 two regular and one flybarless with an align 3gx and spektrum satellite receiver. I've bought the turnigy 9xr pro transmitter and I need to know what module to use so that I can learn on the fbl bird. The quads will come later as they are out of my price range at the moment. I can only get one part or two at a time since I'm on a very tight budget. Thanks for the quick response.

SIXFOOTER

Ahh, OK your jumping right in the deep end. The module your asking about I assume is a Gyro or a flight controller/system.
I have several helis but I am by no means an expert on them. I use a Naze M V2 on my big quad and it works like a nut but its pricey. They make one for a heli too, but its about $400.
I'll let Tony or one of the other guys give a recommend for the parts you need. Have you checked out the setup videos yet? Way good info in there

No it's a module for the back of the transmitter to control everything that's going on on the bird the gyro itself is built into the align 3gx flybarless system I haven't checked out the vids yet I came here first and wanted to find someone that could walk me through the process I can't get anyone local to answer my emails they want me to join their club and dues are over a hundred bucks a year and being a disabled veteran that's not in the budget after all the heli stuff

Will do I appreciate the help this far and appreciate you sending someone to help get me started I enjoy the small helis and small quads immensely I'm wanting to get a good beginner racing quad and have a few in mind I've been looking at but want to get this six channel heli thing down pat first

Lee

Hi Russell,
If you are using Spektrum Sats on your 3GX, then you will need a Spektrum compatible module.
This is one that should do the job. OrangeRX DSMX / DSM2 Compatible 2.4Ghz Transmitter Module (JR/Turnigy)

But, if your other helis are not running Spektrum receivers, then you have problems.
You'll need to buy two Spektrum receivers for them, but they aren't too expensive. You'll find them on the same website, in the link I sent you.
Good luck.

Ok my flybarless has the spektrum satellite receiver and its dsmx so does my module also need to be the spektrum dsmx with the 3gx and my two other helis are all stock and not flybarless so I can replace those stock revievers with spektrum receivers but do they need to be dsmx as well ? Thanks so much for the help

- - - Updated - - -

Will this one work for the spektrum Sat/rec if I can find it viewproduct | OrangeRX 2.4Ghz Telemetry Module For Turnigy 9XR Pro (DSMX/DSM2/Walkera Compatible)

Lee

Yep, that'll do nicely.
With the advantage of being able to fly Walkera models too. :)
What are the stock receivers in the other helis?

Dynam e razor 450 helis both stock I wanted to stay away from the antenna poking out and looked at the dm9 spektrum module but I think it's dsm2 and I want to keep dsmx instead of forcing the Sat/rec to run dsm2 I can't find the Orangerx antennaless module anywhere I guess as a beginner I'm asking or trying for too much lol

I'm such an idiot I went and looked at the sat/rec and is a dsm2 spektrum spm9545 sat/rec so I'm thinking the sm9 module will work with the 9xr pro

Thanks Jerry I am getting some great advice although ibhave a thousand more questions some I'm figuring out myself I got a module for my tx I got the am9 spektrum module since the orangerx that I want is backordered and no word on when it will be back in stock and I've got batteries for the tx on the way it's all coming together and hopefully when the weather warms up I can find someone to help me learn to fly it all

Top Bottom