Just Joined a Local RC Club

yardner

I just joined a local RC Club in my area.
and i also joined the AMA. its a requirement at most if not all RC Flight Clubs.

Now my post is because as a novice and the fact this is the first time i've belonged to a RC Fly Club is there anyone who would like to give advice to someone like myself or others who have never belonged to a local RC Club?

like i wish new members would do this or i wish someone would have told the NEW member that they should or shouldn't do that.

now from what i do know about the club, is that its pretty laid back and they are all easy to get along with.
But i have never seen a thread on this subject and thought it might be interesting to see what others would like to say on the subject.

Thanks

Tony

Staff member
Most clubs will do everything they can to help you out. If you are flying and break something, people will reach into their box and pull out what you need to get you back in the air. The club that rdsok and I used to belong to was decent, just had some knuckleheads at the top that wanted to drive it into the ground. Randy (rdsok) one day brought me some servo arms for my Edge 540 and just told me, "order the new ones when you can, no rush". Yup, made a friend that day lmao.

Just go in and ask questions. Go there during a fun fly and talk to the other members. I'm sure it will all be cool.

rchelipilot

One thing you can do to get to know the guys is to volunteer for some behind the scene stuff. Distribute fliers, repair/maintenance, pick-up some ice, or snacks........

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
One thing I notice about our club is everyone helps one another, like tony said they share what they got and in return you do the same. these guys always tell one another when they are going up to fly, which I find pretty cool. no head banging in the air.

Tony

Staff member
Great point. Find out what the calls are at your field. There was no real rules at my field, but if you are coming in for a landing, then say "Landing". If you are going to make a low pass, call it out "Low Pass" and so on. Just remember, if anyone yells "Dead Stick", get out of the way of the runway because someone has just lost power and is trying to get back to the runway.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
There are really no set rules for a Rc club. Each has its own things that they do. Just get in the and start talking to the members. Go to the monthly meetings a see where you club is headed. Heck last summer, our club built benches and erected a shelter! Plus opened a secondary field to fly in incase our main field was tied up. We have base ball going on sometimes! Lol.

Top Bottom