Just getting started

danfields

I am just starting out, got an e-razor 450 for Christmas, started it up, it flipped to the left and took out the blades, main gear and servo. Now I'm waiting for parts so I got the DX6i and the Phoenix simulator and hopefully in a month or two I can get it off the ground. I have learned a lot from your DX6i & CCPM full set up videos.
Thanks.

Graham Lawrie

Welcome to the forum from Scotland:) I did a similar thing when I was new to this:) My fault , I had set it up wrong:( but learning loads on here:) Post up some pictures of your heli please:)

Tony

Staff member
Make sure to check the main shaft, and the feathering shaft in that head. Those things are VERY WEAK on the Razor helicopters. A hard landing on mine would bend the feathering shaft.

No matter what question you have, we are here to help.

:welcome1:

Stambo

Hi Dan and welcome.
You will find here a friendly bunch of people that are only too happy to help with any problems you might have.
As for "breaking" your heli on the first ever flight, you are not the first and you will not be the last.
I think this is how many of us ended up here, buy new heli, fly new heli, crash new heli, look on the internet about how to fix and fly new heli. :)
As for questions, find the right section and post away.
The only dumb question is the one you didn't ask. :)

danfields

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome. The feathering shaft and main shaft look good, I installed the main gear last night, will do servos tonight. It seems to take forever to get parts so I am stocking up.

danfields

erazor.jpgOkay guys, started putting servo's on and noticed this washer in my bowl. Thinking it goes between the belt and main gear but the drawing is terrible.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry the picture is so big, new at this also.

erazor.jpg

wolfman76

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome. The feathering shaft and main shaft look good, I installed the main gear last night, will do servos tonight. It seems to take forever to get parts so I am stocking up.

WELCOME TO THE RC-HELP FAMILY!!!! Not trying to say you might have checked it wrong but was wondering how you checked the main and feathering shaft??? knowing from first hand experience i would hate to see it hit the dirt again after repairs are done due to vibration cuz of one or both being slightly off... best way i found to check feathering shafts is to put your allen driver into the bolt holding one of the blade grips on and turn while looking at the blade grips themself if it is bent even slightly you should see one of the blade grips wobble slightly... as for the main shaft best way i know is to roll it on a nice flat surface to check for a wobble you could possibly even check it while on the heli with the head atatched by turn the main gear and look to see if the head will wobble side to side.... hope this help to double check but if you already did these checks then disregard and good look on hopefully a successfull second flight... glad to have you on the forum...

Top Bottom