Spektrum Just bought it, managed to delete all! Need help :D

Shaddiz

Hello! First of I'd like to say that I loved this site! Been reading up and down on things here!
Been checking youtube links, reading different web pages but am stuck!
I purchased the Blade 450 3D RTF incl. the DX6i, and also the Phoenix rc4 sim to learn to fly helis :D
My first thing was that when I started the sim, choosed the 450 3D heli, and it constantly went sideway and crashed!
Went through the books, and tried to setup the tx to beginners ( intermediate ). After fiddling around in the settings a bit, I made it so pushing the throttle from 0 and up made my heli start spinning, and I could half way fly it a bit!

THEN ... in my moronic way .. I just HAD to try out some things, and managed to delete both the 9th and 10 setup on my tx.

Now nothing works. I tried to set it up again following the setup guide in the book that followed the 450 3D, but again .. in the sim it goes sideway and crash. Whenever I touch the throttle stick, it moves both sticks in the sim, crashing the heli.
I have no idea how to fix this!

I have setup the tx to fly the Blade MQX, and it flly nicely ... fiddling abit with the D/R Expo to adjust the normal to make it fly better ( I've gotten used to the org. tc for the MQX ). STUNT is at max, and I more use this than normal atm.

But I do want to learn to fly my 450 3D without crashing within 10 seconds :D

Here is what I am looking for:

I want to use the thhold/mx to start/stop the engine from spinning the blades.
throttle start from 0 to full will make it fly ( not 3d flying or positive/negative pitch ) so I can learn to use the throttle to make it fly up, and slowly learn to fly up and hover...fly side to side .. and like that!
The advanced stuff is for much much later for me ( yes I know .. I'm an old git :D )

Could anyone advice me on what settings to use, how to set it up and so on? I don't understand ie. what swashtype it is .. I've starting to understand what these things mean from watching youtube and such! Not sure what to change with D/R, travel adj, sub trim, gyro and all these others...

I have setup the settings from the instruction sheet ... but I just can't get it to work! Think I need a beginner/child mode to start with!

I hope I've been able to explain my problem, and what I am in dire need of help with, as English is not my native language, I might use wrong words/spelling and/orr not being able to explain the technical words/terms for this. I do apologize for this in advance!

Thank you so much in advance for any help I can get!

Shaddiz!
Arild Halvorsen

Gear:
Blade MQX
Blade 450 3D
Spectrum DX6i
Phoenix rc4 SIM

- - - Updated - - -

edit:
When I said I managed to delete 9th and 10th setup, I meant I managed to delete the org. factory setup model advanced and intermediate for the 450 3D. Ended up with a clean, empty tx.
It's after this I made models/profiles following the instructions, making an new advanced and intermediate profiles, plus the mqx profile ( and the mqx one is the only one working )

john2012

Banned
welcome to rc-help.com shaddiz just to say helli also, the thing is no you cannot set pitch to 0 and then go to 100 helis don't operate like that you must set at 50% set pos and neg pitch? and how did you manage to delete the factory settings .

Shaddiz

@ john2012 how to delete factory settings: easy ( when u are a moron like me lol ) ... choose model 9: start fiddeling around .. read somewhere on the net that if u do a mistale... just go into the setup and choose reset in the copy/reset option.. now try this on both model 9 an 10 .. and u got a clean ( /sigh ) tx lol .. yeah .. I know .. I am a moron ... nothing more .. nothing less :D .. well well .. gives me an opportunity to fix it, understand it .. and hopeully learn :D
btw: as my english is not that good .. what I ment about the throttle was ... all down, 0 .. and as the tx using 4 points on the throttle it would be, 0, 25,50,75 and max .. as the tx on the quad is ...

@yardner yeah .. I used one for dx6i .. nice guide ... easy to read and follow .. but I got a problem that I don't understand .. prob just old me .. but ... whenever I push the throttlestick forward .. in the sim it moves the rightstck down and to the right .. making my heli tip over and crash... if I force the right stick up and left .. I can get the heli to lift of, but only to fly up a bit .. tip over to the left and come crashing straight down again!
I setup a model using Tonys guides to .. and after a while I got the stick to work as I move throttle .. only throttle stick moved .. so I could control the movements myself.
Not sure how to explain what I mean .. hopefully u will understand my english, and what I am trying to say lol....

I will make another model, and try to folllow the guide u gave me here .. and see if there is any change ... better or worse ... not sure if I did something on the tx ... but all is deleted and ready for new inputs ..
I'm lost when it comes to understanding that swashtype .. I read sometimes 1servo 90degree ... somwtimes 120 degrees ... I found that the Blade 450 3D is CCPM .. but when I used that I could not control anything about the heli!!
If u understand what I mean by saying moving throttle stick upwards make the right stick move also .. ( I can try to make a small movie from the sim or something to show what I mean if ppl not quite understand what I am trying to say ) ..
So I am confused ... books tell me to use ccpm120 on my 450 3D .. guides tell me to use 1servo90 .. I have no idea what is what .. what it mean ... but I want to learn .. so I can fly this pretty bird one day :D

EyeStation

Real world swash type is easily determined by how many links are attached to the swashplate, 4 connections=90 degrees. 3 connections=120 degrees.
The SIM always wants your TX to be set to 90 degrees and the program mixes it for you.
Hope that clears up a bit.

Shaddiz

ahh .. ok .. :D that clears it a bit up :D thanks for that .. time to remove the canopie and check my bird ... still have only lifted it out to look at it, and to get the tx out lol
edit: actually try to start it on the floor tonight ... I made it just spinning the blades a bit ... it was shaking more than a pinetree in a storm ... but after speeding it up a little ( not takeoff ) it started to settle a bit and became almost non shaking ... atleast it is bound to my tx now :D

Shaddiz

@Yardner .. I've set it up following the guide ... it's awsome .. I can fly it without any problems ... I am now trying out stunt mode!
A side question .. as this setup is using 1Servo90 .. can I use that on my Blade 450 3D .. or do I need to use the CCPM120 ?? What will the different be? Will my heli behave like the sim helis even when I set it to CCPM120 in real flying, and keeping 1Servo90 in SIM?

EyeStation

No the SIM settings with the 90 degree Swash will not work on your CCPM. The Phoenix software compensates for the transmitters 90 degree setting.
What you will have to imagine is what the servos are moving on the swashplate and where. On the 90 degree the aileron controls are at the left and right points of the swash ( 180 degrees apart), and the pitch is mounted at a 90 degree point between those aileron connections.
With the ccpm swash the aileron or left and right cyclic are controlling two points of the swash and the pitch on the third. Separated by 120 degrees each.

The timing of when the swashplate will maintain the pitch for each blade will be out of sync and will more than likely tip and wreck your heli.
It will spool up, but there will be no sync between blade position and pitch angle at any point of rotor rotation.

yardner

+1 what EyeStation said about the Swash. it is set that way for your TX to the Sims, only. i do not use the same TX setting i use for the Sim on my helicopters. On my TX I have a model set up that is called PHOENIX. then i use separate Models names for my other helicopters.

I do not have a Blade helicopter, so i do not no the correct TX settings you will need for your Model, (Blade 450 3D )

But please until you are Absolutely Sure you have all your TX settings correct, PLEASE take the MAIN blades and tail ROTOR blades OFF your helicopter BEFORE you spool it up again. especially !!!! if your doing it indoors. Bad things can happen !!!!

hope this helps

Shaddiz

not sure if this now belongs to to tx or heli section ... but ... so far in progress:
I took it out for the first time today for a spin up, hoping to try hovering!
Issues encountered:
Insane vibration in the heli, actually so much it was jumping sideway and turning on the ground. I slowly gave it more throttle until I was about 1/3 on the stick .. the vibration eased, but it was still turning the tail. When I kept a small touch on the left stick keeping it a bit to the right, I managed to keep the tail more or less still. Now .. at about 1/2 throttle the heli started to tip over to the right ( standing behind the heli ). I cut the throttle when the left landing skid was up in the air, making the blades almost hitting the ground.

I've already gone through the settings on the tx, and adjusted the swash type to CCPM120, using the throttle curve and pitch curves as stated on the forum, tried both tonys and marius setups, at no veil .. nothing made the heli go steady, and I didn't dare give it more throttle, scared that I would brake the blades hitting the ground.

One thing more.... when I connected the battery .. there was a humming sound from a box on the chopper ... there was a small white wheel connecting the blades on the tail. It kept adjusting a little all the time, even without the tx turned on, and even in th HOLD mode!

My question now is .. is there something I've done wrong on the tx, or might there be something needed to be done on the heli? As it is a RTF I would imagine that everything was ready to fly ... no adjustment to do on the heli ... I know I did delete the 2 model profile ( advanced and intermediate ) on the tx, but I have followed the instruction book to add them back in! Tried these too but I can't get the humming sound/adjusting thingy to stop nor the vibration or the tail turning or the fact that the heli is tilting to the side with a bit more power to it....

Please advice .... is it time to back to the store and get a refund or a real setup, making them check the heli and tx, and try to see that it all works together?
Something I can do to fix this ( I don't feel confident to start playing around on the parts quite yet )

Shaddiz ( the sad pilot )

yardner

Shaddiz,
Yes, you might be better served if you moved your questions to the 450 Heli Forum. Sorry, i have never owned a Blade and can't give you much help on them.
But i'm sure there will be some members in the 450 Heli forum that could help you with your Blade 450, its a very popular model.

I don;t no about returning it to get a refund, that is up to you to decide. If you bought it at a Hobby Shop that sells RC helicopters there should be someone there to make sure you have everything set up properly. I no when i bought my 1st Kit, i got it from a store that after you assembled it they would look it over and make any necessary adjustments that were needed and take it out back of the store and hover it around to make sure it would fly.

Hope this Helps.

Shaddiz

Cheers for that info Yardner. Yes it's purchased in a RC hobby shop, so I was hoping that they could take a look at it, and make the necessary adjustment needed to fly this bird. I will also buy a couple of extra wooden blades to be on the safe side.

A request to Tony, or one of the other mods here, to please move this thread to the Heli 450 section for more help and info!

Shaddiz

ok .. just an update! I will ask the mods to lock the thread now .. as it turned out it was not the tx or my setting there was anything wrong with ... the RC store checked the heli, and it turned out that the cables was set completely wrong up! The had to change 2 of the wiring and re set the connections to their right place on the control unit on the heli! Thank God it was not me who had done something wrong!
And the best part of it all .. I had a friend with me to what the fuzz was all about, and as he's the same as me, he bought a 450X and a sim too .. so tomorrow we will make our maiden flight!

Top Bottom