Just another RC addict :-)

DavidDutch

Hello Just a quick introduction from me.

I am Dave, 47years old/young, married for 21years and living in the netherlands,

I have a lot of hobbies motor, fishing, traveling, piano, computers, DIY, RC hobby, etc. actually I want more hours a day to enjoy more of them :)

I started a few years back with a coax helicopter but this flew only about 30seconds before it ended up a tree and was broken. So started with another cheap coax, but as i didn't learn from the first one , it ended up in the same tree as the first :wink:
So I was little finished with the cheap coax adventure and bought myself a blade 120SE which I had a lot of fun with outside, but after a month I wanted something more real so against all advises I bought a CopterX 250SE and yes I had to build it myself. This was really fun to do and with the www open to look things up I got it flying within 2 days only it was a little different as expected , fast movements, but I managed to keep it up and still is this Heli in my fleet (litle altered since using it as test heli).

To make it short heli rapidly followed 450's 500's etc. I am a guy who only flies cheap helicopters, I have never crashed since the blade 120 but on the other hand I only fly skids down. Still loving the helicopters I just recently started with a simple quadcopter (has not arrived yet) a 250 or 260 version (don't know yet which i am going to build, have 250 frame and 260 frame).
I am going to use it with a Möbius camera to make some movies around the house. I am not going into FPV or GPS. I just want to fly it the real way :)

So this is short what I am doing in the hobby.

Offcourse if anybody have questions feel free to ask :)

Tony

Staff member
You are right, it is an addiction and we are all suffering (yeah, that is what I tell the wife lmao) from it. I think you will fit right in here with all of us other "addicts" lol. Post up some pictures!

:welcome1:

DavidDutch

You are right, it is an addiction and we are all suffering (yeah, that is what I tell the wife lmao) from it. I think you will fit right in here with all of us other "addicts" lol. Post up some pictures!

:welcome1:

Thanks all for the welcome.

Underneath some heli's of the fleet.

P1020268a_zpsd392e0db.jpg

and underneath the first real heli where it all started with (is a little adjusted atm since I use it as test heli)

P1020109_zps00192abd.jpg

DavidDutch

some none interesting videos :wink:

sure

but it is not that interesting for people mainly test flights are on video and it is all skids down :), and I am not that big pilot slow learner but still not crashed so lets keep it that way

but I found the first flight with the CX250 heli with 4 lemons under it how it all started (not well adjusted trying to hoover for the first time)

But the same heli stil flies (only for testing purpose)

Also the bigger helis still fly although the most of the videos are the inital flights of the helis

And offcourse the smallest of the family the walkera V120D02S

I just like the hobby althought my skills are not great, as long as I have fun :)

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yes and this one because, because I also had some almost F.ups I Always use this to let people see if you forget some simple things before you fly your heli in this case a simple piece of velcro (some scary moment:puppy_dog_eyes:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony

Staff member
Always keep the skid side down huh? That last video begs to differ :chuckles:

If that first video was you starting out, you are doing better than most (myself included) just starting out. Great job keeping the tail in and away from that magnetic bush lol.

Tony

Staff member
Re: some none interesting videos :wink:

Oh, Matt (callsign4223) needs to see this video lol. He NEVER flies with a strap. Keeps telling me "I'm not doing any 3D, I will be fine" hahahaha. Nice save!

DavidDutch

Yes Now I can laught about it. The velcro I meant was between the battery and the tray, because at the end you can see that I used to velcros aroung the lipo. Unfortunately it slipped underneath it. But it was an experience not to forget.

And to be honost the green 3d thing was not me but a guy who realy can fly. They were laughing about walkera until I brought this little green monster to the club. Still have it flies great for as well beginners as more experienced flyers.

trainrider06

Welcome Dave thanks for the videos! That learning curve on these things can be tight sometimes, I know that for sure! Nice fleet!

Top Bottom