600 Jr Propo Nitro

Hello all, I'm trying to connect all servos and the governor on my HR 9020 receiver with no success and i would need help to set my Spectrum dx-9 black edition, at least basic setup, is anyone can help?
Thanks!

Tony

Staff member
I do hope you mean the AR9020, is that correct?

And can you post a link to the helicopter you have? That would help out a lot. also, let us know if you are flybar head, or flybarless, and what gyro you are running.

Tony

Staff member
First thing is first, you should really replace that gyro. I can't find any information on it, but I'm 99% sure that is a piezoelectric gyro and those things have horrible drift issues if you don't let them acclimate to the outside temp. It will work, but getting a MEMS gyro will be much better in the long run. Finding something like the Align GP780 would be perfect and is what I run on my only flybar helicopter. With that said though, if you wnat to use this one, just know that tail is going to be all over the place and not that stable.

As for setup of the helicopter, I can't really see where the elevator servo is on that one. Since it is flybar, it will be direct connection to the receiver so that should simplify things a bit. The head setup is going to be exactly the same as my video on a 450 flybar head, I will post the updated video for you below.

And here is the older flybar head setup video with a DX8. Pretty much the same setup as a DX9

And here is the basic helicopter setup for the DX9

Tony

Staff member
And those are just to get you started. I find that most people learn better by seeing then reading. If you have any questions, be sure to post up with the specifics and let me me know. But those 3 videos (the first one is just an updated one with fixed links, the second one is one of my most popular and has adjustable links) should help out quite a bit.

First thing is first, you should really replace that gyro. I can't find any information on it, but I'm 99% sure that is a piezoelectric gyro and those things have horrible drift issues if you don't let them acclimate to the outside temp. It will work, but getting a MEMS gyro will be much better in the long run. Finding something like the Align GP780 would be perfect and is what I run on my only flybar helicopter. With that said though, if you wnat to use this one, just know that tail is going to be all over the place and not that stable.

As for setup of the helicopter, I can't really see where the elevator servo is on that one. Since it is flybar, it will be direct connection to the receiver so that should simplify things a bit. The head setup is going to be exactly the same as my video on a 450 flybar head, I will post the updated video for you below.

And here is the older flybar head setup video with a DX8. Pretty much the same setup as a DX9

And here is the basic helicopter setup for the DX9

If those can help?

Attachments

• 20180619_124021.jpg
    20180619_124021.jpg
    355.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 20180619_124035.jpg
    20180619_124035.jpg
    362.9 KB · Views: 4

Tony

Staff member
Is there any way to get clearer images while holding the phone sideways so it fills up my screen? Those portrait style pictures are so small on my screens that it is hard to make anything out. If you can find a google link or something to a manual for that exact helicopter, that would be awesome.

Is there any way to get clearer images while holding the phone sideways so it fills up my screen? Those portrait style pictures are so small on my screens that it is hard to make anything out. If you can find a google link or something to a manual for that exact helicopter, that would be awesome.
I don't really know the exact model of that heli, wished you could help, it's an old one...

Tony

Staff member
what size engine does this helicopter have? It should be casted into the side of the block.

Tony

Staff member
Okay cool. They made two helicopters that look exactly the same frame wise, and I just had to make sure. I'm about 95% sure you have the JR Propo Venture .50. below is the manual on the helicopter. If you could, look through it and verify everything with your helicopter. One thing I don't like is the amount of plastic that is on this helicopter. This heli is quite old and I would pay special attention to the plastic parts to make sure they are not showing any signs of wear. If they are, they need to be replaced, which on a helicopter this old is probably easier said than done.

Below is the manual.

http://www.jramericas.com/manuals/jrp9015-manual.pdf

Admiral

I believe your right Tony, the other one is the JR Venture CP and it has a single tail Boom brace and a squarish style muffler.

Refurb JR (Large).jpg

Okay cool. They made two helicopters that look exactly the same frame wise, and I just had to make sure. I'm about 95% sure you have the JR Propo Venture .50. below is the manual on the helicopter. If you could, look through it and verify everything with your helicopter. One thing I don't like is the amount of plastic that is on this helicopter. This heli is quite old and I would pay special attention to the plastic parts to make sure they are not showing any signs of wear. If they are, they need to be replaced, which on a helicopter this old is probably easier said than done.

Below is the manual.

http://www.jramericas.com/manuals/jrp9015-manual.pdf
Really appreciate, those infos will help me a lot, i will for sure pay attention to everything and many thanks to all, now if i can find some free time, i will start to investigate and see what's needed.

Tony

Staff member
I'm not sure what you mean. Just make sure to get the polarity of the plugs correct, and you may have to reverse some servos, but other than that, it's pretty straight forward.

Top Bottom