600 Iv'e Gone and Done it now! - DFC TREX 600 Upgrade Underway!!!! YEEE HAAAA!!!

Westy

LEGEND
Hey Guys......

I Loooooveee My wife!!!!

I ahve managed to NEgotiate a deal with her ....and I can finally do my Upgrade and keep my Trex 600!!!!

I sold my 7amp Lipo Charger and some other stuff and worked a shift of over time .... and this is what I am now allowed..... :))))

I am sooooo Happy!!!!! COOOOLLLLLL ..... project to do !!!! Lovin it!

Ok ....

Getting this:
400watt Mega Charger
17422.jpg

and this:

17 Volt 25amp (CONSTANT) PSU
HK600W.jpg

Trex 550/600 DFC COMPLETE KIT

$T2eC16RHJFoE9nh6nvWRBQtYeeBbIg~~60_12.JPG

and this:

NEW 3GX FBL SYSTEM
$(KGrHqJ,!pgFB(VnLF--BQgH4vfgQ!~~60_12.JPG

:victorious:
:stung: :triumphant::chickendance:

HK600W.jpg

17422.jpg

$T2eC16RHJFoE9nh6nvWRBQtYeeBbIg~~60_12.JPG

$(KGrHqJ,!pgFB(VnLF--BQgH4vfgQ!~~60_12.JPG

Westy

LEGEND
I know .... But I have been harping ... and harping .... and harping .... and said I will work overtime till I get it.

Lee

Nice Westy,
Look forward to the build. And you opinion on the new charger/Power supply.

Graham Lawrie

Greenest shade of much greenness, i am the god of green with envy:( Nice one, maybe you should get a job as a negotiator:) Cant wait to see the vids and reports:)

murankar

Staff member
From what I here that is going to be the best thing you could have done to it. It should be a blast to fly now.

Westy

LEGEND
Greenest shade of much greenness, i am the god of green with envy:( Nice one, maybe you should get a job as a negotiator:) Cant wait to see the vids and reports:)

haha ... funny you mention the negotiator .... used to be a huge part of my job when I was in It as a large Projects Manager Lol .....

Westy

LEGEND
Well Look What the Postman dragged in!!!!

Part of my upgrade..... GUTTED... Reading up on the instructions I need to order a special ESP 600DFC main shaft and looking at the specs on both the shaft the comes with the kit and the one it says I need .... we are talking 10mm shaft longer on the one I need.

HOw do you know if the heli is an ESP ???? I am 99.95% sure I have an E Super Pro as it has the big bell cranks and Elevator rocker and bell crank that puts the swash link in the front of the heli....

Wish They had told me in the description that I needed the ESP shaft on top .... cause would have bought it :(

Here is the first part in assembly

Last edited by a moderator:

Westy

LEGEND
Got My 3Gx today..... YeaH!

Looking good.... Pulled my old head off and checked it against the supplied shaft that came with the DFC Kit.....

It is definately different! Needs the H60247 Shaft.

When I drop the shaft down into the bearings, and offer the main gear upto it .... you can see the bottom of the shaft through the bolt hole in the gear (WAY TOO SHORT)

Will Pick up a shaft on Monday and get this all sorted out!

BOKI

Westy ; Looks like the postman was good to you today ! Best of luck on your build! Dave Oh nice videos!

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Didn't your DFC head kit come with a new DFC shaft as well?

It does but align has different dfc shafts for different models... Like nitro, electric, old electric lol forget the model numbers. Lol

Wish it was as simple as the dfc shaft for 450 pro will fit the dfc shaft for 450sport.. With a couple shims even sometimes lol ;)

I don't have it, but have read about people getting last minute surprises a lot :D

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

Westy

LEGEND
Update .

Got the head all on and assembled (vids to come one day soon...) - Lots of editing to do!

having issues with the 3Gx. Manual say one thing and then later in it something else is said to contratict it. looks like 3Gx is 3servo 120 deg .... but in one of the pages it talks about running it as swash disabled..... then the very next paragraph it says to alter your swash afr settings to reduce pitch etc...... what the!!! ..... no wonder I could not find the swash settings in the menus when I had set the model up as single 90 degree servo

the big issue is I upgraded the firmware to 3.0 and now my tail servo sounds all grindy and notchy Align DS650 Digital....

it was fine prior to that. any ideas?

Top Bottom