"Its not a matter of IF you will crash.. Its a matter or WHEN" .....

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
And.. you know what, as soon as you think, that your flying is getting good enough, and your helis can be safe high up in the air.... especially your 600's.... well, to humble you down, a little gear in the torque tube system will go, and you will be left with a spiralling rock in the air .. why because you were doing Tic-Toc's and that tore the tail gear, cause apparently it had issues... and guess what.. now that pyroetting heli is gonna head towards the ground, and all you are gonna freeze.. hoping it dont land on cemented pavement, or no grass land... hoping the grass will save it..

THUD!! followed by the walk of shame.. then... you see that right where someone mowed that grass is where your beauty landed. YEAh...!! just in the border of 4ft long grass..

Yeah... not a pretty picture, and not pretty at all when you are looking at a wreckage of parts and it wasnt even your fault...

All that happens more than you think in this hobby. LOL

But I am not gonna let this let me down. I still flew my mcpx... different story that when i had to bring it in on the tall grass, when the battery died, i landed it in tall grass... to find it ... i went in, and a ditch in the grass made me step a bit farther than I had to... and guess what I stepped on...... No... NOT POOP... WORSE!!

my mcpx :( .... man! this heli is a trooper. I had the audacity to turn it back on a new battery and then fly it for 3 more batteries.. rofl.. so all in a all a very bitter sweet day.. the Vibe .50 that took the fall was handling todays 15mph+ winds so good! it was so beautiful in the air coming from a mcpx... hurts that it went down...

wanted to video today's vibe flight, didnt because the camera was stupid full from yesterday.. forgot the erase stuff. All I have are pics of my broken beauty..

Well .. just another day... just when I thought I will try to not crash my 600's.. RIGHT!! lol ... Yeah you can laugh, I am looking back to it.. .. :D :D

image-1.jpg

image-2.jpg

image-3.jpg

image-4.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Man, that really sucks bro. Just another day in this hobby though unfortunately. Rebuild and do it all over again. Now you know why I will never use another TT heli...

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
tony.. it makes me wanna go to a belt too.. its just too dang difficult to handle.. or may be i had a bad experience. The TT in this heli are VERY VERY well built I am sure it was something with the gear mesh, may it was too less, or I had a part of a gear missing. I am gonna do a thorough flash light inspection of my helis esp 600's before they go up.. man... that 5 dollar gear, i am calculating has costed me around 55 bucks in parts plus blades. these blades cmae with the heli.. the only carbons I had.. I have a pair of glass fibres similar to what I run on my kinetic. I will throw those on for now. So, that saves me ATLEAST 40 bucks just in blades. (yeah LHS here carries maverick CF 40 dollar blades 600 size! ) but it could be worse.. this heli is VERY VERY STRONG and VERY well built.. its a like a freaking train lol... seriously.. this could have been worse.. no servos damaged... and nothing else.. Heli will not see air this month.. :) I will fly my other 600 till then.. I have a 450 and mcpx too.. so it should be ok :) (except mcpx needs some parts too now heehee)

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
well its flying.. but needs a main gear, feathering spindle, main head yoke, may be a main shaft ( i havent looked to see if its chipped), blades.

I guess grass did save the little birdie when i stepped on it, only damage i saw was that the rear canopy mount bent.. i straightened it slowly.. so it was ok... flew three batteries after that.. it will fly again. but its in a very raggady condition ...

RCD

Glencairn Drone
Sorry to hear that Gaba. :( I hate it when I crash and it isn't my fault. I hope you get it running soon!

Tony

Staff member
OH, you stepped on it lmao. I have almost done that a few times. That adds insult to injury right there. head up, wallet open, mailbox ready...

Lee

Dam dude, that sucks. I'm dreading the day i put my 600 in. Well keep smiling and rebuild. Thats all you can do. :D

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I know right! pricing different websites now.. atleast making a part list.. My part list is 15 parts long.. :p I still say thats not as bad for a 600 size crash.. lol

Lee I need some pointers on a piroett.. I remember one time when you had to land you heli when something in tail went out and you still landed safely even when the tail was spirallin out of control. I am almost beating myself, that its a 600 size.. if i knew what to do to bring the heli into a flat spin even, I would have may be kind of autoed it into a tall grassy patch.. But I dont know how... ??? Honestly heli was nose up when it started and you can imagine, all i wanted to do was get the least damage .. but.. I just froze, cause I had nothin.. lol

so tell what to do.. what to practice. I really wanna knw what can i do in such a situation..

Tony

Staff member
what you can do in that situation is hit the throttle cut button, kill the motor, shut of the Tx, turn around and walk towards your car to put your Tx up and grab a paper bag (you should always have one in you car lol) and during all of that, listen for the sound of the heli hitting the ground. Controlling a heli with a busted tail is almost impossible.

Lee

You need to watch a video on Youtube Tony of a guy loosing the tail on his 500. He punched it up into the air then as it came down he caught it with one hand :D. Not recommended
Gaba. Practice stationary piros. Watch the nose and correct with elevator as it spins. As you get better speed up the piro. On the sim trim the rudder to one side so it has a constant piro rate and you don't need to hold rudder.
Then Practice piro circuits, this will speed up your reaction to correct the heli from any orientation.
Hope this helps :D

Tony

Staff member
catching a 500 in his hand hahaha, I like my arms thank you very much lmao. In the real flight sim, you can set things to go wrong. I think you can set a tail failure as one of them. I will have to check on that one though.

Lee

Yep tail failure is on Heli-X
And heres the video. Don't try this at home kids.

Video removed due to language.

Top Bottom