Its every RC fliers nightmare !! :/ horrendous... But fun to watch

Lee

Thats one of my favourite too Derek. The way he watches the blades fly off is priceless.

wolfman76

OH WOW!!!!! and notice he was looking up and around like UH GEE GEORGE WHICH WAY DID IT GO????!!!

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!

This was what the Live leak link was supposed to be. .

This was heart numbing.. the Plane was BEAUTIFUL!

Last edited by a moderator:

Derek

This was what the Live leak link was supposed to be. .

This was heart numbing.. the Plane was BEAUTIFUL!

Oh wow! That's horrible.

I'm curious though....at a flying field like this...who has the "right of way"? I heard the guy say, "Didn't you hear me call Low Pass?" Clearly the heli guy was there. Is someone at fault here, or is this just an unfortunate accident?

Last edited by a moderator:

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Well. IMO the rule of thumb is that ariplanes and helicopters SHOULD NOT share an air space. They should be far apart.. with a dead zone.

Second... if there is a crowded field.. like you would see in a lot of Funfly events, you should always have a spotter, in this case, the plane guy had spotters, dont know about the heli guy. but spotters help a lot in a crowded field. THats why they dont even let you fly in the main flying air space in a fun fly event if you dont have someone to spot you .

Third.. The low pass was called. The guy should have heard it and steared clear. htere is something I have seen .. because plane esp the scale guys fly pattern, most call their low approaches, touch and gos , landings and take offs. or even emergencies like dead sticks.

Heli guys .. more I have seen, are used to their own air space... and being a heli guy myself like to "hog" the airspace :D . we dont like to remain in a small area. One time I would be tic tocking in a 10 foot by 10 foot area.. and the other I would be doing a hurrican size of a football field.

Right of way .. is always given to the planes.. cause they cant stop at the drop of a coin and hover. they are moving wheather the pilot wants or not :) helis can stop and stay.. :)

Derek

That makes sense.

For the most part, I tend to fly in a smaller area. However, my plane skills are getting better and my confidence is rising, so I'm starting to venture out further and higher. But...it's just me flying right now. I don't have anyone around here that I can fly with and I'm not a part of a club. However, my wife is gonna start flying with me this year and we are both looking to join the flying club that is really not that far from us. After seeing this video, and hearing the irritation in that guys voice, it raised the "right of way" question.

Thanks Gaba!!!

helicc16

the Smoothie Pilot
You know what. I can understand the asian dude cussing. He said he had just spent $500 fixing the heli.

Tony

Staff member
That was a good camera and a great cameraman. That's all I have to say about that.

Top Bottom