450 It's Alive!

Zadren

Having spent the last few days stripping down and rebuilding my Blade 450 after last week's crash, it seems she's alive again! :pride:

Questions though: Can I initialise the heli with the training gear on, or should I power up with it sat flat on the floor and put the gear on afterwards?

If I spin the heli up with no gear on, it seems fine, but once I fit the training gear, the tail wags like hell. I had to turn the gyro down by 5% to settle the tail (down to 72.5% from 77.5%). The stock setup in the manual is 77.5% and (strangely) in 'gyro' mode it only drops to 76%.

I still fly it so it looks like a drunk bee, skittering around the floor but I think that's just me sucking at flying helicopters. I wish I could tame it down somewhat to get it stable - any ideas?

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
if without the training gear, your heli doesnt show tail wag, then your gyrp settings shouldnt need changing. training gear needs to be ziptied on the heli skids.. if its not, its gonna cause vibrations on to the heli and the gyro and thus the tail wag..

if this is a 450.. not x.. then you should be fine intilalizing the gyro with the training gear ziptied on the heli.. just make sure the heli doesnt move or jump when its initializing. if its x. then make sure the heli doesnt move at all when the FBL gyro is initializing.

all that to say, i assumed that your training gear is not secured on the heli from the fact that you remove it to initialize it.. the way to tame it down is using Dr/EXPO menu... I owuld follow tony's videos to see how you can do that.. thats just my 2 cents. :)

Zadren

Yay! Well....sorta..
Was out flying it yesterday and seemed to be slowly getting the hang of it. That said, she decided to make a bee-line for my head and I had to chop the throttle pretty quick. The landing was hard and cracked the plastic mount that holds the training gear into a cross. After glueing it back together didn't work, I decided to tie-wrap (zip-tie) the training gear directly to the landing skids in a flat cross pattern - improvise, adapt, overcome and all that. Anyway, I flew two batteries this way without any dramas and seem to be gaining the upper hand.

My DR/Expo settings are 50% +7% for the elevators/aileron and 77% INH for the rudder. This is as per the manual. I'm not sure which way to tweak it, but I am noting that I need to give the cyclic quite a push before the heli responds.

Top Bottom