it time

grumpy1

Got my 4 wheeler loaded up... strapped down..bottle of water....off to the woods i go...when i was. a young man when i signed my name on the dotted line for this place in 76....i would walk to where i still hunt...about a mile or so across the field an cross the creek...not now tho...drive my truck to the ol loggin road...an walk about a 150 yards to my ladder stand../...condo....as my friends say....dont even unload my 4 wheeler if i dont put any thing on the ground....it was a tosse up between flyin an huntin....after that ordeal last evening flyin....im gonna go set in the tree with my trusty 300wsm an see if i can put something else in the freezer

grumpy1

Well went back to the woods last night didnt see nothin...even stayed awake the whole time...no tellin how many have walked past me ...march it will be 40 years leaving here...huntin the same ground too...now this mornin...i was dressed perfect...got in the condo stand about 615..news said just before i walked out 29..just about calm too

grumpy1

I got a 25 foot ladder stand..42 x 42 platfom with shooting rail with camo netting around the rail...gotta swivel boat seat with arm rest...perfect to lay your weapon across the arm rest lean back a little mornin sun commin up ...it be up about 30 minutes...listenin to the light ...very light breeze througt these hard woods.....woodpeckers busy this mornin...an them squirrels a barkin at each other.....cant forget the agervating crows....they was up too...i looked at my watch it was about 735....broken sun warmin you up..like i said i was dressed perfect.....at 825 i woke up....woke up sloberin out of the corner of my moutn.....man i was sleepin good tho.....

grumpy1

Stayed there till about 10 ....i hunt in hard woods about 25 feet back in side the wood line. ..facin down a slight incline toward the creek....about 130 yards to creek...hard to hunt there early in the season ....especialy bow season....you gotta fight them large mouth mosquitoes....aint know leaves off the trees either...hard to see...to have four legs..average 165 pounds or so on kinda dry leaves ...they quiet animals...they will be right on top of ya...sometimes it hard to draw down on them without spokin them ....i always watch there tail ....a perfect nerve baramoter...relaxed an just kinda layin low a little movement..they cautious but reaby...relaxed limber tail..take your time get a well placed shot....flagin from side to side an straight up over there back they about to leave in a hurry...an they will have there head down fakein like they eatin but steady lookin around...they know something aint right...good camo..an scent blocker during bow season...if its a couple of them when they leave ...count to about 3 pr 4 an wistle most of the. time one will stop..be ready take ya shot.....single deer even a doe ....3 or 4 again a grunt works more times that it dont....later in season ...better result....there again ...be reaby antispate there stop..when they turn to look back squeeqe off a round

grumpy1

View attachment 15222 well i got out of the woods around 10 or so this mornin...big animial like a deer....wild hog....they can be so quite...then ...this herndous noise....you give it some thought i might be a deer an sometimes it is but rarely....but you still ready just in case....closser.....clolsser stopin along the way .just like a deer would do when just browsin. honeysuckle or munchin on then small tender blue leaf bryers an you strainin...tryin your best to get a fix on that noise...an then you do ...a 1 1/2- at the most 2 pound squirrel must four feet like shack oneal....then he or they will stop an watch you climb dowm as they barkin an raisin hell....like they plained it ...like you in there space the woods aint big enough for both of ya or it might be a lone single possium...walkin like otis on andy Griffith ....you k ow i aint NEVER seen one play possium...they always got that hissin an showin ya them white teeth

Top Bottom