450 Issue I keep having

DAL2855

Banned
I keep having the tailboom working it's way back out of the base of the helicopter and cannot figure out why it keeps doing this. I've even tried super gluing it into the box that goes in between the frame halves and this doesn't even hold. What could the problem be guys?

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
There should be a screw holding it in place! Not just the 4 screws holding the gear block on but a 5th screw going through the boom from the block.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Yes there. Where the boom slids into the frame. It goes into the gear box there is a small screw the holds the boom there. What heli are we talking about?

DAL2855

Banned
HK450GT I have the Align boom on it, it only has a slot in the tail boom which slides onto a *** inside the plastic box in the frame which keeps the boom from tilting to one side or the other, but does not prevent it from sliding out.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Is this a tt or a belt drive? If its a belt drive try putting a little masking tape around the boom and then Tighten it.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I only have the manual for the belt drive here but the tape should work for both.

- - - Updated - - -

I know on my 600 and 700 around where the tail boom seaports go that's what you have to do to get the sapport tight enough.

DAL2855

Banned
Ah ok well I'm gonna try this and see what it does for me! Yeah that block works like a clamp from both sides with 4 screws going into the metal sleeves inside the plastic box. So yeah that should work like a charm! I didn't even think about trying this!

Lee

If the two halves of the boom clamps are touching then you have no more room to tighten them up. Do as Sam said. Wrap a layer of electrical tape or similar around the boom to make it slightly thicker for the clamp to bite into.

Westy

LEGEND
I had that issue with a clone 450 ... I lapped the 2 halves down so that I had a 0.003" interference ..... used 400 grit wet and dry and a piece of flat glass. ... Also sand the end where it goes into the transmission cases to "Rough it up abit" .... helps hold on that smooth plastic.

an other thing you can try is cut off a zip tie (about 40mm) and push that between the loose transmission wall and the tube and tighten the transmission bolts.

DAL2855

Banned
Well I got it all back together using the tape trick and it definitely feels alot more solid now. So hopefully this does the trick! Won't know until tomorrow!

Tony

Staff member
Yup, this is a common issue with the 450's. My HK450GT doesn't have this issue, and you can actually see the marks on the tail boom where the blocks have clamped it.

And Sam, Just FYI, only the bigger heli's have that extra bolt in the block. My 600 has it, but the 450 does not.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Yup, this is a common issue with the 450's. My HK450GT doesn't have this issue, and you can actually see the marks on the tail boom where the blocks have clamped it.

And Sam, Just FYI, only the bigger heli's have that extra bolt in the block. My 600 has it, but the 450 does not.

Ya I saw that when I looked at the 450 manual! Lol

Top Bottom