Is There A Battery Shortage?!?!?

Tony

Staff member
As I'm sure you know by now, I have my very first Align Clone on the way back to me from Ny. As you also know, you need a 2200 3s battery to fly it. I have one, but it's almost round being puffed so much lol. I flew it in my trainer and when it came down, it looked like a balloon lmao. So I went searching for batteries.

I'm looking for something 35c or above. But everywhere I check, pretty much all of them are sold out. I love Gens Ace, but ALL of those that I could use are sold out. Sky Lipo, again, I have had good luck with them, but all sold out. Blue Lipo, sold out. Black Lipo, sold out.

I did find a Nano Tech in stock, 35-70c, but me an hobbyking don't get along that well. I have a feeling though that I will have no choice in the matter though since they are the rare people that have them in stock.

I did find an EcoPower for $20 rated at 30c, and an Align for $35 also rated at a 30c. Both of these are below what I want though. I would like to have something that can handle both of my EDF's because I want to put the dual EDF FF-22 back in the air.

I mean even all of the Pulse batteries, which I wanted to go with, are ALL sold out of the sizes that I need. Is there a LiPo shortage that I don't know about? I guess I may have no choice but to run the $19 Nano Tech batteries. That would suck though.

Derek

Hobby King has become my "go to" place for batteries because it seems that the other places are ALWAYS out of stock.

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, it just sucks. I really want to stay away from them and use something like Pulse, but if they dont' come into stock soon, I'm not going ot have a choice. The 450 is going to be my sim once I get it flying good. Really need to get out there and fly more, and I think I can do that on the 450. I think lmao.

Tony

Staff member
The problem is, for that price, I can get two of the Align 30c batteries. Gens Ace is good, but Align IMO is better.

Lee

Gens ace are considered to be one of the top brands now. I've seen them tested against batteries 5 times the price and they beat them. My next batteries will be Gens ace.

Tony

Staff member
I love Gens Ace. I fly one in my Edge and it's more powerful than the higher C Sky lipo. More burst post when I try to launch out of a dive or something. Or when in a hover and need to bail out with full throttle. I have been wanting to try the Pulse though, they seem to be great. But, no one has them in stock anywhere that I have found. Not anywhere that has respectable shipping anyway.

murankar

Staff member
Gens Ace are being flown by professional pilots now. They really hold up for the long haul and can take over 200 cycles. I love mine and would love to get more in a higher C rating myself also.

Tony

Staff member
I agree URI, just wish they were in stock. I think I'm going to go on the notification for them, and once they are in, max out a credit card on all of them that I can get hahaha.

murankar

Staff member
I would if I had a credit card. I just wish that there was more retailers for the Gens Ace brand. Plus I wish they would ramp up production on the 2200 mah packs to meet demand.

Tony

Staff member
No lie about that. Demand is WAY higher than supply. I'm surprised the price has not went up yet on them.

murankar

Staff member
They would lose there demand and I think they know it. The battery itself is a great battery and at a great price. I just hope they don't jack up the price. They just need to increase there distributor base and production.

wolfman76

Well Tony if you have to go hobby king see if they are in us warehouse they shop quicker i got my 6s packs in 2 weeks our less

Derek

I ordered some lipo's and some other parts from the US warehouse. my order was at my door 5 days later. I can live with that.

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, I'm thinking the Nano Tech's are about the only way I'm going ot be able to go. After the flying today (and almost digging dirt), I'm going to need some more batteries lol.

Derek

Yeah, I'm thinking the Nano Tech's are about the only way I'm going ot be able to go. After the flying today (and almost digging dirt), I'm going to need some more batteries lol.

yeah. I took my glider out today, with two batteries. I love it when the motor, esc, and lipo come down either cold or slightly warm. I'm gonna need some more batteries, too, lol

Top Bottom