500 is it time for iu?

danhampson

ive been using the protos a lot more as my 450 is waiting for some new servos, im getting the hang of the protos. But when i try FF im finding it far to quick on the cyclic (D/R 60 Expo 30), i dont really want to add any more expo as it makes the heli feel dead (when hovering). do you think its time for me to start using IU for FF and normal for take off, DR+E @ 60 30 is perfect for hovering (ive even got nose right down) but in finding that when in FF that ail is far too snappy.
ive been trying differnt head speeds and found a sweet spot for me personally.
so the question is is it ok to use different DR for Ail and Elev.

Tony

Staff member
This will depend on you. The faster the head spins, the more reactive the sticks will be. IMO, I would stick with Normal until you are ready to flip your bird for the first time. Set a throttle curve of 0 40 75 75 75 and stick with it for a while. However, if you do think you want to go into IU, then set it at a constant 75 75 75 75 75 so that nothing changes in the head speed. Just remember, you will have full power and full negative pitch at low stick. Practice on the sim, it's a must.

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
As Tony said...do not rush yourself, you know when your ready. SIM! SIM! SIM! I think when your comfortable with the bird and get the feel of her try lowering your expo and go from there and so on. keep up the orientation steps and you will get there soon enough.

Last edited:

danhampson

Thanks guys, done some more hover/orientation practice on Tony's throttle settings. I wasn't any where as intimidated by it, but it still scares me a little.
SIM SIM SIM!!!
I do try and get an hour a day in on phoenix, I've only really been flying the protons on pheonix just because it feels the same (tweeked settings)

Last edited:
Top Bottom