General Is it safe to fly a heli with unbalanced blades

PeachFuzz

Like I broke mynblades bladees off my cx2 and I glued it together and I'm getting new ones but I want to fly it so would it be safe for the motor and stuff?

DAL2855

Banned
depends on what kind of vibes you get when you spool the heli up. I would attempt to spool it up very slowly and see what kind of vibes you get during the spool up first then see if it's safe to fly or not.

Tony

Staff member
No, it's not safe, ever. If the blades are broke, no matter if it's a coax or a CP heli, they need to be replaced before flying. Even a coax can draw blood. Gotta be safe.

Stambo

No, it's not safe, ever. If the blades are broke, no matter if it's a coax or a CP heli, they need to be replaced before flying. Even a coax can draw blood. Gotta be safe.

Agreed, even a small blade can take out an eye, which tends to be the height we fly these little things at.

stokke

I used to glue the blades on my trainer heli all the time in the beginning. Not safe, but flyable.

john2012

Banned
no that's not good and that is why my 450 sport is vibrating also they flew of my bird and im trying to use.my heli flys but vibrates i think this is the cause

Slobberdog

One of the guys on here Westy has posted a video of a 450 heli blade giving up and flying past him and through his window of his truck, Tony has had a clone tail blade nearly hit him in the face when it broke, blades are dangerous, if the safety of the people around you or yourself is of no consequence fly with broken blades, otherwise order new, wait and be safe,

It's just my 2 cents, but I know what I would do, sorry if I sound harsh but safety in this hobby is paramount to enjoying it.

john2012

Banned
ok i do know better but my blades are not broken and glued back together they have some nicks on them no breaks just dents im thinking it is the cause of vibration on my 450 sportv2 can i be right

Top Bottom