600 Is Gyro Required With A Four Blade Heli

frank conejo

hi people,
i have seen videos where 4 blade helps claim to be flown without the aid of gyros.I am looking to place a 4 blade head on my t rex 600 and the site claims it eliminates the need for a gyro.is this true??

Tony

Staff member
The videos you see they are fighting the helicopter if they dont' have a gyro. It's just like taking a flybarless helicopter and flying it without a gyro. You can do it, but you had better be very good at flying a helicopter just to hover it. Always put a gyro on a flybarless helicopter.

Smoggie

Tony is as usual spot on. A 4 blade head is no more stable than 2. It is possible to fly a heli without fly bar or FBL but it's a battle. Given that you can pick up a FBL controller for $20 I don't think it's worth even considering to be honest

Geena

Staff member
I have purposely turned off my gyros before, just to see if I could fly without them. I can, but it`s very difficult. Not only do you have to fly the head/swash plate now, but you also have to fly the rudder as well. As mentioned above, put a gyro on it, and call it a day. It will be a much better experience for you.

Top Bottom