IRCHA 2013 Kyle Dahl "The One" competition flight

Derek

First off...this is not my video, but it was such an amazing flight and I wanted to share it with RCH!

The first bit of flying is the "Required Maneuver" that each of the 7 pilots must do...testing and displaying their "skill".

Then, there is the show-off part of the flight where Kyle Dahl does something that I've never seen before...just awesome!!

Check this out!!!

Kyle Dahl One Competition 2013 - YouTube

wolfman76

Want he at helimasters? If he was that was the same music he flew to their... Still better then i fly though... Lol

Derek

It's kind of amazing, ya know....out of all that incredible flying...you pick out the wipeout, lol.

We have a saying down here..... no one likes a smart ass!! hahaha
But awesome flying! Unbelievable control... Showed to a mate and he commented its out of control... I replied, it's difficult to get that out of control, it takes total control to look that out of control hahaha
Awesome flying, I only wish!

helicc16

the Smoothie Pilot
Nice video. But why is there almost always a person standing next to the pilot in videos like this one?

Tony

Staff member
It's there spotter to let them know about what is going on next to them. there was one that I watched with Bert Kammerer where the spotter was saying that there was someone where they shouldn't be and to take his heli up higher. You hear Bert ask if this is high enough (only about 6" higher lmao). They are there for safety.

Whirlybird

Just "pulling your landing gear" Derek LOL! When I saw my first 3D heli flight, I thought, "This has to be CG or something!" But since then, it is one amazement after another. They keep pushing the edge! It has to be that "90%" of the brain that we normally don't use . . . either that or these guys have a lot of hidden mirrors or "Hocus Pocus"!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom