Inverted landing

zenmetsu

While trying to "cut grass" in the Phoenix 4 sim, I found out that you can land on the main blades without crashing. :) I got a little too low, the blades got the grass, and the motor bogged and the blades eventually slowed and the heli came to a rest upside down. I thought that it was pretty comical and I haven't been able to do it since. Beginner's luck. :)

Anyone else do this? I think that it is pretty neat that they modeled in the extra resistance from the ground on the blades. I might try this in water just for fun.

stokke

Haha :D
I have hovered inverted ON the ground, but never stopped the motor LOL.
But now I'll have to try it of course :D :) ;)

Tony

Staff member
do a youtube search for "inverted landing" or "Button landing" and so on to see this in real live. I watched a couple of them where they did an inverted button landing while auto'ing down inverted. It's pretty cool.

Tony

Staff member
There was a landing somewhere that he landed on the button and never tipped over. Not sure how, but he did it. And you are correct, a perfect CoG is key. That and a very steady hand lol.

Lee

Even more impressive/stupid was a guy taking off inverted with a 700. Holding it by the tail while it built up speed then let it go.

Lee

Here it is. Don't try this at home kids.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom