Inverted Flying Reverse Circles

Graham Lawrie

I know as a newbie i am possibly trying this to soon, but, can anyone in extremely simple terms or diagram explain how to do inverted circles. I have watched video on Youtube but still dont understand where i am going wrong?

I think it is rudder and aileron both in the direction you are turning? but iget so far into the first turn then plummet to the ground:(

any suggestions?

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Ok

My honest suggestion is to go with teaching your hands how to do upright all directions first... I didn't do it, I took to brunt... But it's just a suggestion.

First leave how to do forward flight and backward flight upright

Backward flight upright requires the sticks to be going the opposite direction (sticks together or sticks apart) .. Once you got that down..

Go inverted...

Now hovering inverted in all directions.. Or orientations. Tail in is similar to upside tail in and nose is similar to upside nose in .. Just that now when inverted look at your rudder as moving the tail not the nose anymore

Then circuits .. Inverted going forward is right side up going backwards (sticks together / sticks apart)

And inverted backwards is same as right side up going forward .. Sticks move in harmony.

I know this is more than what you asked for

But I gotta give a little input and not just answer the question :D

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

Graham Lawrie

Thanks for that Gaba:) I can do it normal upright but not backwards:). I have just got inverted properly in control in the last couple of days, so i am working on a few orientation things. Doing the grass cutting with it makes me want to learn more. So if i have what you are saying right, sticks in harmony inverted, opposite upright?

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Nope....

Heli upright: Going forward sticks are in harmony and backwards they are apart

Heli inverted: going forward sticks are apart and backwards they are I harmony.

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

Westy

LEGEND
Cheers Gaba ... I have only just mastered backward circles . takes some concentration I tell ya especially when you go clockwise and then after a couple of rounds ... spin it round and go counter clockwise. Lol.... you have some moments I tell ya

Lee

If you look at the Heli like a plane. So even though you may be hovering, think of it as always moving forward. This will get your head around the next part.
Aileron control is the same right side up or inverted (left is left and right is right) What changes is the rudder. Right side up rudder goes with the turn, Inverted rudder goes against the turn. As for Elevator thats backward too so instead of pulling back slightly as you turn in a circuit, you will push forwards.
As Gaba said though, make sure you have normal flying dialled. Forwards circuits and backwards. Its very easy to jump ahead and miss important steps. It just means that if something goes wrong, you don't have the needed skills or the mind set to recover from any position.
Good luck :)

stokke

I believe it would be best to learn all the inverted orientations before trying to learn flying inverted. I learnt nose in inverted first, then sides in - now I'm working on the tail in. I'm finding that as my brain is "understanding" this - the flying part is also starting to make sense. I think that when I have all four orientations under control - inverted flight is not far away.

My 5 cents anyways...

Last edited:

Lee

I agree with you Marius, that you need to have the hovering orientations dialled first. But i find inverted flight forwards and backwards easier than hovering. The reason i think is, because you are actually constantly moving the sticks, you understand what input to give next. In a hover your stick is almost stationary, so when you need to make an input, it takes you a second to think which direction to correct.

Derek

I definitely have to agree with Lee on this. When you are out flying and the wind is blowing a bit...there is, at least for me, a short bit of time that it takes to recognize what's happening with the heli and what the heli is doing and how the heli is being effected by the wind (especially at longer distances)...so hovering is surely a tricky task. On the other hand, when I'm out flying my heli (even in some wind), I generally know which direction I'm planning on moving the cyclic, so there is less gap in my reaction time....I think, lol. It's been awfully hard to tell lately....snow...wind....rain...cold temperatures...I haven't flown in nearly 3 weeks.

Top Bottom