Introduction

Rams

I go by the name of RAMS I live in the KCMO area. I retired about 3 years ago and have been doing some RV traveling the last three years. My wife wanted to throw me a retirement part 3 years ago and I said no I want to go RVing in Colorado. So we headed to Colorado Springs up to Woodland park. Now since this last year they have had all the fires I am glad we went then. We have been to California, Florida, Branson, MO and lots of other places. But now we have decided to stay home a while so I have decided to resume RC flying and building. It has been several years since I was in the hobby. Electric planes were just making there appearance and now it looks like electric is the way to go. I still like glow fuel though. I still have a number of plans like the F22 Raptor from Hanger 9, p-51 Hanger 9,Alpha 60, Blue Max, several different sized telemasters, Sky Raider Mark 1 & 2, and my original RC 1st plane Fledgling by Sterling Models. Most of these planes I have never flew due to I bought these while I was working and I was not home a lot due to my job with the Federal Government. The Fledgling was my first plane. I built back in the early to mid 1970's. We had a guy by the name of Charlie Reed that was one of the good flying and building RC guys who showed me how to put the Fledgling together. Our flying field is now named after Charlie due to he passed away several years ago. He was great. He knew all the electrics of the radios which was World Radios and he ran a hobby shop out of his house. I still even have my old World Radio which is not usable due to the changes in freqs. So if some collector wants a old time radio contact me. It looks brand new. I have ran on enough about myself and I am looking forward to using this site. Rams

idon'tknow!

rc-help EXPERT.......????
welcome aboard! Very nice bio, I'm sure you will have fun learning about all the new gadgets ;) again WELCOME ABOARD!

Tony

Staff member
welcome to the forum. Make sure to post up some pictures of all of those toys that you have. We love watching videos as well.

Just have to say, you are in the Chief's territory and your name is Rams? lol.

:welcome1:

Derek

Hey there, Rams! Sounds like you have some experience on your hands!!! Very impressive intro. I'd love to go RV'ing...maybe someday.

Welcome to the site buddy! I'm sure we'd all like to see some pictures and/or videos of some of your planes. Personally, I'd like to see the Telemasters that you mentioned. Take care!!!

Top Bottom