Introducing myself smorrison047

smorrison047

Hello All,

My name is Scott A. Morrison and I am from Zelienople, PA in the USA. Zelienople is a very small rustic town about 40 miles north of Pittsburgh PA in Western PA.

I am a Disabled Veteran (US Army Aviation) and Disabled Police Officer (PA MPO). I was injured in the line of duty during both careers and am permanently and completely disabled due to the injuries sustained. I am only 44 years old.

I have a family of 4 which includes two girls and a boy ages 14, 12 and my boy is 11. They are my step children but you would never know it. Their mother and I grew up together and have known each other since we were about 6 or 7. In fact, we were each others first boyfriend/girlfriend when we were about 13, 14'ish. I also have my own daughter who is now 20. I have 3 dogs, a puggle who is the family pet, my German Shepherd working dog used for Executive Protection and my Doberman who was imported from Russia and worked the street with me briefly before I was forced into retirement.

I was a helicopter crew chief while in the US Army on the Bell AH-1F Cobra Attack Helicopter. I served during Desert Shield / Storm and also served a tour of duty in Fulda, Germany (which is an absolutely awesome and beautiful place).

My injuries have beaten me up, down, left and right and every day is a struggle to move around (which I don't do very well). I am very technically minded and extremely mechanically and technologically inclined. I am relatively new to Aviation RC Hobbies but am enjoying it immensely. I can not wait until I conduct my first FPV Flight. I have all the equipment now for that as I must save up and purchase 1 or 2 pieces at a time due to being on a very fixed and limited income. So effectively, I have been working on this for approximately 5+ years now.

I am happy to be aboard as this seems like a great forum. I hope that I can possibly be of help to some and not just always looking for help.

On a side note: I am proud to have served both my country and my community while in the US Army and as a Police Officer. I will not judge you, so please do not judge me for what I have chosen to do in my life. I understand that times are difficult right now with the world and with law enforcement relations and certain groups. Please keep in mind, we all have jobs to do, some are more difficult than others, and most importantly, I am now retired! I write this because of other issues I have encountered, however none related to this website. I just thought I would put this out there ahead of time. I am not here to snitch or moderate or anything of the like. I am here because I am truly a hobbyist and thoroughly enjoy it. Thank you for understanding this as I sincerely appreciate it.

Thank you for welcoming me and I look forward to meeting you.

Sincerely,

Scott A. Morrison (smorrison047)
Disabled Veteran, US Army
Disabled Police Officer, PA MPO

Admiral

Welcome to the forum Scott, I think you will enjoy this forum, we are here to help where we can. I have just gotten into FPV and love it, the only issue I have is judging altitude but I'm getting better at it each flight.

smorrison047

Thanks Lee!

OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! My! The Cobra Helicopter is the most awesome helicopter EVER BUILT! I am proud to have been a CrewChief on the AH-1F Gunship.
I would love to have a body for one of my 450's but can not find them.

Last edited by a moderator:

smorrison047

OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! My! The Cobra Helicopter is the most awesome helicopter EVER BUILT! I am proud to have been a CrewChief on the AH-1F Gunship.
I would love to have a body for one of my 450's but can not find them.

Thanks holtneil, I may be picking your brain with the heli's too. I have 5 of them built and have not flown a single one yet but am looking forward to that.

Scott M

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Admiral!

Diver9543

Hi Scott, welcome to the forum. You will not catch any flack from me. I spent 21 years in the Navy, finishing my career as a Master-at-Arms. I specialized in Personal Protection and Physical Security. My wife was vary happy when I retired and I got out without any disability. I followed her while she finished her career in the Navy. She got stationed in SE Texas and the only job I could get was as a CO for the State Prison system where I blew out my left knee and couldn't continue there. I took a disablity retirement from them and bummed arould for a while. She was eventually stationed in Oklahoma City for her Twilight Tour. I took a job as a CSR for a company and ended up being a Corporate Trainer for 10 years. We had a really bad ice storm about 6 years ago and fell down in my driveway. Now I have 4 herniated disc and 2 tears in my lumbar. I am now retired and trying to get by. I think I know what you are going through. Every day is a struggle but I do what I can, when I can, and however I can get through it. I currently enjoy my quads and I am really trying to get my nerve up to try FPV. That day will come. LOL
Jerry

Tony

Staff member
Judge you? Brother, I applaud you for your service to this country and to the beautiful state of PA! Thank you for everything you have done and putting your well being in harms way for all of us!

I do apologize for it taking so long to reply in this thread, been quite busy here lately. No matter what questions you have, post them up, we are here to help. And if you find yourself able to help others, by all means, post up. We are all in the same hobby for the same reason and I have created this community so that we can help each other.

Keep pushing for what you enjoy doing!

Welcome to RCH!

:welcome1:

Top Bottom