Interlink elite not being detected

bigone5500

I am trying to figure out why my interlink elite is not working with RF7.5. It worked with my other laptop but not this one. I can use the controller with 3 other sims on steam but not the one it came with. There must be something in the software that is preventing it from being detected. Either that or this pc is too new for the old sim. Anyone possibly have any suggestions?

bigone5500

I have. They say the controller does not like usb3 ports. But I think that's not the case. If it were then the contort would not work with my other sims. I may try to find my old USB2 hub and see what happens. This laptop only has 2usb ports on it. The other 2 are USB C.

RandyDSok

But I think that's not the case.

Why would you think that... backwards USB port compatibility has been an issue since USB 2 ports were released back in 2000 with certain devices. In fact, that was the exact reason I suggested using different ports just in case there were slower ports on the computer. I see the issue come up often.

bigone5500

I installed the program on my son's computer and the same thing happens. The controller shows up in device manager but isn't detected by the program. I have almost given up. I contacted knife edge support 2 weeks ago and they never responded.

bigone5500

OK I had an idea. Maybe the controller is supposed to be called something different in device manager and the program is simy not seeing it even though it's there.

RandyDSok

You said it works on older hardware but not the newer... so it's not the naming in the device manager. These issues are typically timing issues in either the hardware or the software, this one sounds more like a software one since it's being listed in the device manager.

BTW, the name seen in the device manager and a lot of other info can be seen in the details page of the device under the different drop down categories.

Top Bottom