Interesting Find at my LHS

Derek

Hey Tony! I was in my LHS picking up some parts today and as I was walking out, something caught my eye. Hmmmm, what's that up there on the top shelf??? Well gosh! Look at that!! It was a, new in the box, blue and white 540 that looked very much like yours. Since I can't afford it right now (nor do I think I am ready for such a plane) I didn't even pull the box down but it was cool to see it there.

Tony

Staff member
Something like in the link below?

Rc-Help - Edge 540T Review

Bro, if you can fly that wing, you can fly this plane. Think of the Edge 540T as a trainer that won't self level. This thing just keeps floating like it's full of helium. Very stable and predictable, very little buckling in a knife edge and the inverted flight is amazing. If you have the cash, it's a great plane to start with when getting into 3D planes! I love mine and want to fly it in a VERY bad way. But, with the year half over, there is no sense in paying full price for AMA just ot have to pay it again in 5 months. I will just stick to my yard.

Derek

Yes! That's the one! I swear it was that plane!!!

I would love to have a wood 3D plane. I really like flying them on the simulator. Even just doing circuits and ups and downs...I really like to fly the plane vertically...shutting off the throttle and just floating the plane down. I only say that I don't think I'm ready for a plane like this because of the cost and I'm still damaging my foam board planes from time to time on the landings. I don't really have a suitable landing strip, so the nose tends to take some damage and needs replaced about every 10 flights or so. I would be crushed if I spent the money on a plane like this and "dumbed up" the landing and damaged it. Maybe I'll consider it more next year when I have some more experience under my belt and hopefully a suitable landing area.

However...it is a gorgeous plane and I just thought that I'd share with you that I saw that 540 at my LHS. I may have to go back and see just how much it is. Maybe "Santa" can help me out with it this year.

Tony

Staff member
I think the plane is $169.99 for the ARF kit. If I remember correctly, I have about $550 in the whole plane with Hitec servos, AR6210 Rx, Hobbywing ESC (the blue one with aluminum fins), 32 size big foot motor and so on. Oh, and one battery. I will say this, if you get one, the landing gear is kinda weak. I have already folded mine and put holes in both wings with the wheel pants. But, after bracing it up, it's great. Just wish I could get my pull-pull put back on the rudder. I like that better than the push-pull that I have on it now.

Derek

Yeah..I think a pull-pull would work well. I'm working on a pull-pull for my Albatross.

Anyway...that 540 is just a gorgeous plane....plain and simple. I'll have a 3D plane eventually.

Tony

Staff member
I had a pull-pull on mine, but I was using the heat gun to shrink the monokote and ended up melting it. I was pissed lmao. I just cut another hole in the tail and moved the servo.

Dude, if you have the cash, get that plane. You will love it.

Derek

Well, I can assure you that I won't have $550 to put into a plane for quite a while. I was thinking about something that was half that price. I haven't looked around much.....but someday.

Top Bottom