450 Input please before I make the final deal

EyeStation

Hey there guy's. I am working on a deal, trading some of my off-road electronics for this sale here...
http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=557266
What do you guys think of this heli and what questions should I ask about it before I jump?
Is this a good setup electronics wise? Gyro?
This guy is almost local, so I mak work out a better deal for local pickup.
But please, I'd like to be an educated buyer, so give me your input before I do an impulse buy.
A pre-Thanks for your thoughts.

Slobberdog

its the old style frames two peice, and not being an expert on Tarot clones I think its an old heli with the FBL head upgrade, he says its done 12 flights but something has happened to the frame buy the motor wires you can see that in one of the pictures, and he seems like he wants rid of it bad, as he says I will throw this in for free and that for free, seems like its a HK build from all the tarot and tower pro stuff on it,

Tarot are one of the better clones but at the end of the day its your choice, I would look for an Align bird myself.

there is my 2c........

EyeStation

I was thinking that stuff around the motor wires was left over double sticky tape. almost looks like that kind of sticky foamy mess.
I asked him for a little history on the heli this morning. We will have to see what he say's. I was pretty open about the condition of my items. Hopefully he will be doing the same.
Is it the programming of the FBL electronics that usually what causes people to dump these after upgrading?
I wish someone had an Align that they would be willing to trade for the ground stuff I have. Doubt if the Hobby store barters!
Thanks for the input Kev.

Lee

i just sold a full built brand new 450 with two batteries for $200. No one on here wanted it, so i sold it to a local guy.

EyeStation

Thanks Lee.
What I am looking at is his whole lot for $100 and my used ground pounder electronics. My electronics are long paid for and now that I am flying, I don't mind parting with them.
I do appreciate the price comparison. I think I will do a bit or searching for todays pricing of his setup. He insists its only seen 12 flights and all them went smooth. He is still into the microheli's and does not want to chance cracking this up.
Kev mentioned it being the older frame. So I will look around to see if I can knock down the $100 cash addition.

EyeStation

Played a little hesitation hand with the seller, telling him a was unsure because of the age of the Heli, (Thanks Kev).
I know he wants my electronics for his 8th scale build, and I know it is a great unused setup. So I told him I was going to head to our local track tonight and see what the going rate for my setup was. He immediately responded and asked me to hold on while he does a little research.
He sent me this response not 5 minutes later.....
"Ok I did a quick ebay search to figure out how much each major item would cost me to rebuild this heli again. Let me list them and then I will do 65% of the new value. Maybe we can would something out then.
Tarot ZYX-S gyro with satellite cable ~$60
Align 450m motor/Align 35a esc ~$90
Hitec tail servo/T Pro cyclic servos ~$50
Aluminum 450 Case ~$45
Spektrum AR6210 rx and satellite ~$70
Tarot V2 frame w/fbl head and pro belt tail ~$150
Total ~465

65% is about $302

New RX8 + Hotwire = $250 older Mylaps AMB transponder ~$35-40

Here is my proposal, even trade. My heli, case, rx, and spares for your rx8, hotwire, and trasponder. No cash. I think thats more than fair. Sorry I almost over charged you. You don't realize what sometime is worth until you really start researching it."

No money out of my pocket. And with me enjoying this feeling of flight. I won't be missing that off road stuff for a while.
I am going to pick up this package on Friday morning. Now I won't have to think or worry about converting my old TRex 450xl.

Kev and Lee, I do appreciate both your inputs. I did get a much better deal after listening to ya's.

Slobberdog

good job man, thats a step up over the 450xl just make sure you give it a really good going over before you try to fly it, tight and threadlocked etc, and pitch is ok

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
+1 on that. Ensure you do a good inspection on it. Oil bearings re thread lock every metal to metal part. Repack the thrust bearings. Sounds like you are getting decent deal on it. Good luck.

Top Bottom