ESC Inexpensive/reliable HV 80amp ESC

Derek

Now, I realize asking for "inexpensive" and "reliable" in the same sentence is pretty impractical and potentially impossible, but as always...I'm looking for opinions.

I'm shopping for a HV 80-100amp esc but I will not pay what Castle Creations is asking for their HV esc's. I'm an average joe rc pilot with an average joe checkbook but I have an expensive imagination. So...I know that Hobby King USA sells the Hobbyking YEP 80A HV (4~12S) Brushless Speed Controller (OPTO) for $120. They also have a Turnigy dlux 80A HV Brushless Speed Controller (OPTO) for $79. Hobby Partz has a HobbyWing Flyfun ESC 80A High Voltage for $81.00. Choices choices choices!!!

Does anyone around here have any experience with HV 80-100 esc's (preferably with an optional programming card)?

Tony

Staff member
Bro, you have been on this forum for a year and a half. You should know by now, you get what you pay for. And when you are talking HV, even more so. Castle is the top brand from what I have been reading along with YGE (I think). YGE (again, I think that is the name) has a clone, the YEP. If they make the YEP in HV, then you can try that one, but I will NOT suggest any others, and will say that you don't want the YEP either, you want something that is going to do what it's supposed to do and not bitch a single spark about it.

Pony up bro, do it correctly.

murankar

Staff member
Unfortunately in order to play with the big birds you have to pay. Just keep looking at your options. I will suggest the castle and I know it's out of budget but it's truly is the best option. The YGE brand I think is even more expensive. The clone to YGE is the YEP.

Now what I do know is that the YEP has been used by many on here with some success so keep that in mind.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

pvolcko

Try to pick up a used CC HV ESC on ebay or on the forums. I think I got one of my 120 HV's that way at about half the price of new. It itself was new and unused, a left over from a combo kit build that they opted not to use. Actually it is the one I use on the 550X, now that I think about it.

If you do go clone route, YEP would be my choice and I wouldn't put it on anything too awfully expensive to replace.

Lee

If the YEP 80HV is anything like the YEP 45A i use on my Warp, it will be great. I'm thinking of ordering one for my net project, if it gets off the ground.

Top Bottom