Micro Indoor Flying

Adam

So it is time for indoor flying here soon. Thanks to all of you I have opted to go with the MCPX V2 and im not upgrading it so dont ask. The question is the heli is the heli but i can get one with 5 batts and one with 7 batts for same price. And what do i order to charge all at once on my charger not the one provided.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Blade-mCP-X-V2-Bind-N-Fly-Electric-Collective-Pitch-Flybarless-Micro-Helicopter-/390406539920?pt=Radio_Control_Vehicles&hash=item5ae60b0a90
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLADE-mCP-X-V2-BNF-W-CHARGER-5X-BATTERY-HYPERION-LIPO-MCPX-/130675516511?pt=Radio_Control_Vehicles&hash=item1e6cde245f

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
To answer your question:

I would go with hyperions way before turnigy or tenergy. Hyper ions are powerful and charge at high c rate

These batteries hyperions or other can be charged one or many at one time.. Set your charger at 1s 3.7v lipo and set charger to max 2c Rating of the total number of batteries you got connected.

You'll need a parallel connector. Available for like 6 bucks about anywhere

Now my opinion : not that you asked it or need it lol ;P heehee

The mcpx v2 board is amazing in brushed setup.

But if you are ever gonna go brushless on it... Ever. You'll want a v1.

If you are 100 percent sure that bl mod is never gonna happen, then yes the v2 is the way to go! ;)

Adam

Ok so can i charge the stock bats with the hyperions. And i will have to search for that charger adapter

- - - Updated - - -

and so if they are all 250 mah set the charger to .5

Adam

So i ordered the one with the hyperion got the parallel connector so 5 batts i had one missing so i ordered two of the batts like tony has the 300 mah so im good right for now the lhs has all parts for this thing so im not worried on spare parts

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I charged mine at 1A. They were fine. the stock ones are wimpier than hyperions. Hyperions I used to charge at 3A .

If you are connecting 5 hyperions in parallel then you have 300X5 mah (1500mah) connected to that port, so you can basically charge them at 2c = 3A. Will take about 20-25 minutes to charge.

If you charge 5 batteries at 0.5A .. man .. that'll be a loooooooooong night! lol :D

just add all the mah's up mulitply by two and set your charger at that capacity. No higher .. lower is ok. not lower than 1c. Thats just like filling a bucket drop by drop .

once you have those parallel charging ports, you are all set and this bird flies out of the box! its beautiful!

Set your zero pitch using subtrims before you go fly . and READ THE MANUAL! :D :D

Adam

So I will have the two stock 200 three Hyperion 250 and two turnigy 300 bats can I charge six at once or just the same size at once

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
You can charge 6 at once. just make sure you dont go over 2c of total mah. so lets say.. dont go over 3.5A ( in theory in your case) when you got all 6 in there. I would remain at 2.5-3A to be safe as you have 200mah in there.. no special logic there for saying 2.5 just a safe number. Just monitor the temperatures of the batteries to on the safe first couple of times. but yea you can do all 6 at once.

Lee

I have the hyperion parallel board. Its great. If you're in a hurry to go fly, then as Gaba said, charge at 2C.But for battery longevity, charge at 1C if you're not in a hurry.

Adam

You know i was looking at that one and i went with just the normal one with a sotter joint. But ya i wont be in a hurry thank you everyone for the advise and i actually thought you would try to sell me yours gaba but i wanted a new one otherwise i would have. Anything you think i need for spare parts right out of the gates that i should order besides whats in the kit?

callsign4223

Staff member
You will need extra links for sure. Also, the solid tail boom mod is a must. I went through 3 tail booms before I went solid and haven't broken one since.

callsign4223

Staff member
The tail boom on the mcpx is hollow carbon fiber with the control wires for the tail motor inside. Replace the hollow cf with solid cf rod and wind the wire around the boom instead of going through it.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Edlite actually has come out with a lengthened carbon rod boom (solid) ... You can buy that too if need be

But yes just get a carbon rod and cut it the right length.

One upgrade I would suggest --- Astroid designs frame cage. You'll save your frame canopy mounts and thus frames. Those break and you have to then change the whole body for a mount. That'll save a lot of frustration. :)

And Kbdd tail blades. ;)

Tony

Staff member
Make sure to drain all of the batteries to the same point (or there abouts) BEFORE you plug them into that board. The board will hook all of them up in parallel and if you have 3 that are 3.7v and 3 that are 2.8v, you will be charging the lower ones as fast as the higher ones can discharge the energy. Not a good thing when you are dealing with lipo's. I always either only charge what I know is dead, or sit in my living room with the mcpx and hover around until they are all at the cut off point and then charge.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and my frame has carbon rod mounts for the canopy :D

Adam

So in theory i should just charge them by themselves and not in parralel if im not in a rush

Lee

If you fly them all for the same time, they should be close enough to charge together. Charge them in Parallel, just not at 2C unless you are about to go flying.

Adam

Cool i wish i would have bought it from my LHS cause i could be flying it already but for the same price i got three hyperion batts so i guess it is worth the wait.

Adam

Ok quik question can i set everything up in my dx6i before i bind it to the heli so that when it arrives i can read the manual bind it and fly it with all settings already done?

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
To start off with just go with exactly what the manual says. Fly it, see how you like it and then tweak.

There is a sticky here about mcpx settings check that out. Might help you tweaking and such.

Adam

thats what i mean can i program those settings in my tx so its ready and then bind it when the package comes lol. and thanks for the quick answer gaba

Top Bottom