1. If you would like to get rid of these banners and the ads within the posts, all you have to do is sign up and they will go away!
  2. Hey Guest, are you here looking for the PDF Plans? They are located in the store in the tab above, but you must be signed in to access that part of the site. It only takes a second to sign up!
Hey Guest, I see you are not signed up on our forum yet. Did you know Registration is FREE and is only a couple clicks away? You can even sign in from Facebook, Twitter or Google+ for your convenience! So what are you waiting for, CLICK HERE to join in on the conversation!

VTX ImmersionRC 5.8ghz 600mw troubles

Discussion in 'FPV (First Person View)' started by Derek, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Derek

Derek RC Help Supporter

Blog Posts:
    I'm having troubles getting this setup to work on my wing. I have a JST plug, from the Battery In, to the vtx and to the camera. The camera requires 12v in. So, once I plug in the battery, it should power the FPV cam, vtx, and esc/rx/servos. However, this isn't the case. I plug the battery in and I see the vtx light come on and the motor and servos all work. But, I get snow in my goggles.

I am very sure that the goggles on the same frequency and channel. This is verified by powering up my other FPV plane and checking.....I get strong video.

Attached is an illustration on how I have this wired up

FPV Layout.png

2. Derek

Derek RC Help Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Nevermind...after retesting all the wiring, camera, and another vtx, all my retesting showed that the only thing that could be the problem points to the vtx, itself. I inspected it seriously carefully and I found that the SMA connector had been resoldered, poorly, to the vtx and the SMA connector was loose. Loose enough, in fact, that I was able to pull the SMA connector clear off the vtx. This is what I get for trying to save a few bucks and buying a second hand item. I should have just paid for a brand new one. That's what I'm going to do after I finish this post.

Broken VTX.jpg

3. Tony

Tony Administrator Staff Member

Blog Posts:
    Did that thing rip the traces off the board? If so, that VTX has been in a hard crash. I have had the same kind of luck to be honest. If you have a small enough soldering iron, you should be able to repair that connector. Might have to strip some coating off the traces that are left though, and epoxy the SMA back to the board, unless the traces are still there that is.

4. Derek

Derek RC Help Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Nope...the traces are gone.

No matter....i put the vtx in the trash and accepted the loss.

Im gonna order brand new Cricket vtx next week. I think i remember Tasajara using these with success