im john from brilliant ohio a newbie

john2012

Banned
hello all im 59 from ohio and im having trouble with a blitzrcworks rc heli,since i got this from banana hobby it is a fly out of the box heli and did charge the battery installed it and tryed to fly! and it didnot fly. i got many tech responses from banana hobby to switch switches and did and it took of and really meat somethings up any suggestion need help please??????? it is a 400 class heli with a brushless motor and a unprogramable tx

Tony

Staff member
Hey John, welcome to the forum. Please post this question in the Helicopter Beginner Help Area.

BOKI

HI John ; Glad to have you on our site! We have people from everywhere on our site ! I am also just getting into the RC hobby! I also am buying a new helicopter on Monday! I have a DX8 new & it has to be set up for My TREX 450 Pro! Someone on our site I know can help us get on the right track! But Welcome to our site From BOKI be talking to you I am sure again soon! THE BEST from everyone on the site! BOKI 2:44 AM Sunday ILLINOIS TIME !

john2012

Banned
well im looking to get a DX6i tx in the near future but as far as a new heli i have had to tear down my heli cause it had no lift because of banana hobbie telling me to change my switches on my blitz rc works alpha 400 series heli can't afford any more part brakeage the heli cost me 169.00 and im getting up to that in repair parts now. also i have a laptop with wodows 7 home prem installed and i can't get the simulator to work,any ideas and yes im waiting on more parts to come from banana hobbie,has anyone heard of them their tech department sucks

murankar

Staff member
Actually B.H. is a dirty word on here :lol:. Tony can tell you lots of beautiful stories about them. Even the mention of Chinese parts gives people the willies. I have no personal experience with that company so I cant say for sure. I do know the XHELI is better than B.H. and that's not saying a whole lot. If I take the chance of going cheap again I would consider going with a Tarot, but thats just me. I hope your luck turns around.

As for the sim are you using FMS? If so I could not get it to work either, even after setting the run as win xp. You may have to invest in something like clear view, real flight, Phoenix. There is another one called heli-x but I think that is a pay for sim also. I have tried it and did not like it much.

john2012

Banned
well im using the sims that was sent in the box with the blitzrcworks alpha 400 class heli, well i guess you much have some stories about b h. and yes i have been looking at other places to get another heli i have bought tool for the helis the set is from exi 15 piece set nice set and i have used it to take apart my 400 class

BOKI

Hi John; This is BOKI I have bought things from Banana Hobby & I won't any more! They sell cheap stuff at a high price & have very poor service of any kind! Horizon Hobby in ILLINOIS is very HI TECH sell good products & have great tech help ! ! ! I bought a DX8 & the Phoenix Simulator & the Tech Set up the Transmitter & Program to run great & they are real nice to do business with! They are located 70 miles south of where I live! If you ever have any questions they can usually help you out! They put you on a call back list if you don't talk to someone right away ! They usually call back in less than an hour but they really help you! I always call them about anything I'm not sure about ! Hi murankar I have had good luck with these people & they treat you HI tech always! Call them & ask about the DX6i & Phoenix & they will stay on the phone till its working good! BOKI Sunday 11:28 AM ILLINOIS time ! Horizon Hobby .com THE BEST Any Questions if I can help JUST ASK !

john2012

Banned
ok im really looking for a DX6i tx but i don't have the money and im probly going to need a rx with the dx6i i have been looking at there site and will give them a try i ordered my last parts order from B.H. i like the 400 class heli but it did not fly out of the box at all. and they are ass holes on tech. may i ask what you paid for the dx8 and phonix sim

john2012

Banned
well matt let me hear a price for your dx6i but does it need the reciever also and since your in oklahoma would you be able to ship to me it you can pay for shipping let me know Matt

callsign4223

Staff member
I'm thinking 120 plus shipping. I do have an orange rx that I could send with it for an extra 10. It would work for a small plane or a 450 size heli, something that doesn't get too far away.

BOKI

Hi John; This is BOKI I just got off the Horizon Hobby Site & here are some Prices DX8 DSMX Transmitter only $ 349.99 ! DX8 with AR 8000 receiver & TM 1000 telemetry Module $ 429.99 I already had the Ar8000 & the TM1000 telemetry Module ! AR 8000 receiver/ $ 129.99 & Telemetry Module $ 56.99 ! Phoenix R/C PRO Simulator V 4.0 $ 129.99 Comes with Transmitter USB Port Adapter The Tech service is very good & they will walk you through the whole simulator transmitter SET UP on the Phone! Usually they put you on a call back & You usually wait less than & hour. They will have you try everything out before they hang up ! They are real great Techs! I Fly My Phoenix Simulator quite a bit the summer was 110 degrees 107 & 105 99 To 95 all summer! To hot to go outside much! Any Extra money I get I save for the RC hobby stuff ! Just hope not to crash to much! Anyway THE Best BOKI 8:23PM Sunday ILLINOIS TIME !

Tony

Staff member
I have 0 good things to say about BH, xheli, hobbyking or any of them. I just destroyed an HK450GT Pro because I don't want anyone else on here to be cursed by chinese crap. I'm done buying cheap crap and if I can't afford something good that I know will work, then I just won't fly. I will not put my family or friends in danger because I wanted to save a few bucks.

I have seen the DX6i that Matt has and it's a good one. I have not checked the numbers, but it's directly from horizon so I assume it's a good one. The next best thing is the DX7s and the best for what you are doing is the DX8. There is a DX18 but it's far above what you are into right now.

The DX8 is $430 shipped from horiizon if I remember correctly. I have mine for sale for $415 shipped with the AR8000 Rx with the telemetry module and all associated wires that it came with. DX6i or DX8, you can get both right here from the forum either from myself, or Matt, it just depends on what you want to spend.

BOKI

Hi John & Tony ; I was just trying to help out where & what I paid for the things I bought ! You can always find a place somethings cheaper know matter what you buy! I don't have much money I joined A Life-Fit program & work out everyday & sold my home gym for $300 to a guy who worked at the hospital ! I sold $ 450 dollar rifle I had Brand New AIR-RIFLE fired 3 times to my sons boss! A computer battery backup for $ 45 . Just kept selling & saving things I didn't use! Then I got into RC hobby & I used that money! Plus I have charged a few things! Just did all this to get into RC. These are things I had & wasn't using so this is how I got some RC money! Before I got on the site Ton'y on You Tube sent me to this site! Just trying to keep the RC Hobby going! I live 70 miles from Horizon Hobby so I can call them also! I have some cheaper Helicopters which I still have them! I have crashed them & fixed them! This is just how I try to afford RC ! I know we have a good site & I never new about this site until Ton'y sent me a You Tube answer one day! Think we have a great bunch of people & hope I can help someone & maybe get some help ! BOKI Monday 2:24AM Monday ILLINOIS TIME ! Always THE BEST !

john2012

Banned
well i can not afford all that money at this time so all that is out of the question for me now? yes im looking for a dx6i tx with a 6200 rx for my 400 series alpha that B.H. sold me. my alpha is taken apart and im waiting on parts. good price on matt's dx6i but i have not enough money for it thanks matt for the offer but im going to wait cause i haven't got anything to fly now cauce of banana hob

BOKI

HI John; I to went through all that with Banana Hobby it took 3 months for 2 batteries & set of new main blades & tail blades . Well I got away from them & it was very hard to contact them also! When I did they weren't any help at all! I had bought a cheap Double Horse 9101 3 channel ! The plastic either broke or screws stripped out of the plastic or metal parts ! I sure learned the hard way fast! Wish you the best on getting going Flying again! Sorry I wasn't any help to You! If I can be let Me know! BOKI 8:27 AM Monday Illinois Time! THE BEST IN RC !

john2012

Banned
i just started while i was out on the road i was in va when i bought my first heli it was a 3ch metalpro charged the battery in my truck and it did ok flying and i could handle the 3ch tx ok so this is when i went to banana hob and they talked me into this 169.00 dollar heli that was fly right out of the box well **** that was not true and it did not respound well at all and now im paing for parts that i should not need. they told me to change two switches on my tx and i did and it took of straight up and hit my x on my cabana the pipe is 1and 1/4 pipe and it was not lifting off the ground so it is apart and b.h.. is not standing behind the damage so the hell with them after my parts come that will be all from their

Top Bottom