450 im done with helis going to sale it all

heli-maniac

finely get a day with almost no wind
so i think ill try and do some hover practice. so i get the HK 450 out and take it up a few times was looking good till i see the tail braces fly off and i set it down quick
so im looking it over trying to see why they came off and dont see anything so i put them back on and tried it one more time now it has a bad tail shake so i look at again and fined that the brand new carbon tail boom is broke so now im like WTF got it on the work bench and i find what happen the swash plate had come apart letting the blades hit the boom
so now im done with helis ill stick to my nitro cars
thanks to anyone and every one for the help

look for good deals on my helis in the for sale section

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
The difference between an align and HK! Quality verses cheep! Some things you have to go for the quality! How would the swash come apart is it plastic?

Tony

Staff member
I am sorry to see another fall victim to the knockoff curse, but I assure you as Sam said, it's just the cheap stuff that does this. Align, they don't have these issues, but you have to pay for that quality. Tarot and Chaos are other good brands, but still knockoffs.

Whatever you decide to do, I will stand behind you 100%. I'm uploading a new video on teh T-Maxx as we speak. Should be done in about 36 hours lmao. Bro, if there is anything I or we can do to help, just let us know.

heli-maniac

well Tony if you have never seen one do that then im real lost i could see something like that under hard 3D flying but im a new b that was just trying to hover
and my exi 450 has the exi v2 head thats just like the hk 450 head so hop it was a hk problem and not the same on a exi head
Guess ill look around for a swash to put on it i have all the other parts for it just tired of tossing money and not getting any were with these 2 helis

hell i just put a Assan gyro and a align 410 tail servo on the exi and all it wants todo is spin back and forth

Tony

Staff member
spin back and forth? You mean a tail wag? If so, lower your gyro gain. If you are at 65, lower it to 60 and see if it's any better. As for the swash, just take it as a fluke bro. Everything has a failure rate, and you never know what piece is going to fail, but there is always that "one". If you want a sure fire way to avoid this, order an Align V2 swash and call that part done.

I totally understand where you are coming from, and it's the reason I took about 6 months off from teh hobby. Yes, this was after I started the forum. But, I realized it's not if you crash, it's when, and it's just a part of the game. If I was you, I would order the swash (if that is all that is broken on that heli) and get that bird in the air. I'm really thinking about ordering the Tarot Super Combo just so I can have a heli to fly again with you guys. I hope to see you in the air here soon bro! :thumbsup:

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Yes I agree with Tony! I would not mess around with clones anymore just start replacing parts with Align parts when you have a problem. Hell I haven't flown my align 600 E since last summer cause I got tired of crashing and spending 1 to 200 or so bucks to fix my bird. Buts it's sitting on the shelf all put back together waiting for me to finish my f7f build to go back in the air! I mean if GABA can fly one we all can fly one lol.

Morelight

Fearless Freep
Sorry to see you have bird part problems. For me it was being ignorant of the quality difference between heli's out there. So my first CP I chose was a 400 class and I thought it would be easier to fly. Not understanding that quality is very important to keeping these beasties from self-destructing inevitably (more like sooner than later for cheap ones), I went for a $250 or so heli. I also thought I could handle learning the hobby myself, without a community of people like here to be there.

You all want to get rich? Just ask me which way to bet on anything, then go the other way. Never fails.

I'm with Tony, and will be getting a Chaos 700E super combo once I have the funds and they are in stock. Is it better to get a DX7 or DX8 Tx/Rx ???

Good luck super bad, and don't give up on your bird just yet.

I'd love a job hunting feral hogs in Texas. No bloody bow either. I would use the Socomm 458 suppressed hogzilla they make at Red Jacket. Those feral hogs are some nasty.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Dude !! That sucks man!! ESP cause I saw your birds the other day when I met you, and they looked sweet. !! Seriously!

Well! I would suggest selling this all.. And like tony has said, and I concur, put some money that you get into a tarot or a chaos bird. You will see the quality difference! It's night and day, just going to one of those clones. Go align / raven / other brands, you'll see how much better and easier the heli build is with good equipment that just fits, and just works...

Helis cAn be difficult starting out , but they are so much more fun!! :)

Lee

Dude, sell all your 450's and buy one decent one. The Chaos 450 is very nice and its local US. The guys are really helpful if you have a problem. I had a problem with my 600 and they sent me a new ESC no questions ask and also put in a new main gear as some people had reported problems. Mine was fine but they gave me one anyway.
As for the tail issue. I think its the opposite to the others. If the tail is drifting left and right it shows you dont have enough gain. If its twitching rapidly that is too much. Whats your settings for the tail?

Tony

Staff member
if it's a very fast turn, and just gets faster, then I'm going to say the gyro is reversed. That is my opinion anyway without seeing it.

heli-maniac

well got the new align swash put on and fixed all the broken parts and its back together
took it out and got it up and it seems to be doing a good job so far

Tony

Staff member
Good deal man. Hope you get it up in the air soon and everything stays together lol. I know the frustration, you just have to work through it.

heli-maniac

just need alittle adj.to the tail servo and it should be good to go. I did get a full battery hover in with only one set down that was a first . Hope i can take it to the park this week end were there some room to see how it dose got to many cars and trees and mail boxes here at the house

Now can i get the EXI 450 to work right with the Assan 250 gyro
i just went back over it with new servos and reset everything on it . but i think im going to sale it seeing how it is all new and i dont need 3 450s

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
Just for future reference, I was wondering if you had cleaned an re-lubed your original swash? All that I've read on the HK heli parts is you have to clean and re-lube the mechanicals very well. A lot has been said about them feeling "gritty" ... so was just wondering. If you hadn't, this might have caused your premature failure ... or as Tony and Lee said, it might have just been one of those fluke things. Glad you got the Align swash. I bet you'll be happy with it :biggrin1:

murankar

Staff member
I run the Assan 250 on my EXI w/ Align DS520 and have no problems. But then again I am struggling with landings right now.

Top Bottom