im back

taizi

hi all

just a quick one to say im back after awhile of not being on the boards

i got a new job as a teacher and now teach over 1500 12-13 yr old kids per week, which means ive been doing reports and planning lessons and havent had much time to do much else

i have my cp3 back in the air and it flies great with all the upgrade parts i could get on it , my trex 250 however has only been airborne 3 times since i built it because something always breaks, its a mystery clone but i have now replaced most of the moving parts with genuine align parts and im just waiting for some link rods and swash arms and i will try again to get it off the ground

hope your all well
paul

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
Hey Paul! Glad to see you ... 1500+ 12-13yo kids per week? HOLY CRUD! That's a lot of students. Hopefully it is like one lesson taught several times ... either that or the size of your classes must be gigantic ... or both! Oh. My. Goodness! Like Tony said, get her in the air! I'm just glad you are able to post to the forum with your local and all.

taizi

thanks for the responce guys

yeah lucky it is the same lessons but for 2 grades so little differences

cp3 was flying great untill today when it went all spooky and the swashplate was moving by its self so it went out of control and hit the deck which has bent the feathering shaft and now needs replacing and resetting but on the bright side my parents have come out with the parts i ordered from the UK so can now fix both my helis and fingers crossed will get my 250 airborne over the weekend

has anyone encountered this problem where the swashplate suddenly moves on its own causing no control, the cp3 has that dahm 3-1 mixer which i think caused it because the swash moved from normal to full tilt and back to horizontal without me touching the stick ( or after a single input to left or right ), i think the receiver blinked off then on again aswell lucky this was at 1ft off the ground , would it be worth changing the rx to be safe

regards
paul

Tony

Staff member
IMO, i have never trusted the RTF electronics. They are that cheap for a reason. It's worth a shot to either replace just the Rx, or even the whole Tx/Rx.

Lee

I tried to find something online for you, but nothing came up. Lights blinking on RX can be an indication of a brownout. This is when the voltage drops below the RX needs. Can be due to bad battery or binding in the servos causing excessive amp draw. A way to test is to put light pressure on the cyclic servos with your hand to increase the effort it takes for them to move then wiggle the cyclic stick. See if it does it then.
This maybe completely wrong. It may be a dead RX or something completely different, but worth a shot.

taizi

thanks Tony and Lee i appreciate it , i will check it out as ive just replaced the 3-1 but its possible the rx got damaged aswell, the servos seem ok but as you say it might be binding somewhere, looks like my weekend will be repairing and just when the hot sun has now appeared hehe

thanks guys

Paul

Top Bottom