I'm a newbie here

DAL2855

Banned
Hi guys, My name is Michael Holmes, or Mike for short, I am from West Virginia and have only been in this hobby a short time, but have close to 4k hours of RW flight time in various fixed and rotary-wing aircraft. Hope to make alot of new friends here and learn alot more about this hobby! I currently have 4 fixed wing and 1 helicopter but am fixing to buy another helicopter. I have a 450 clone right now, and my next build is going to be a 600 Nitro bird!

Derek

That's awesome! Welcome to the site! Post up some pictures or video of your birds. We feed on pics and video, lol.

DAL2855

Banned
I don't have any video yet as I just got my FPV camera setup not long ago, but just got my hat cam built the other day so I hope to start shooting some video!

Here's the Piper:
Snapshot_20130314_1_zpsed3cb2f3.jpg

Here's the Bipe:
Snapshot_20130322_7_zps69780a92.jpg

Here's the Marathon:
Snapshot_20130202_1_zps671d63f6.jpg

Here's the HK450GT:
Snapshot_20130415_7_zpsfb43a875.jpg

I don't have any pics yet of the mustang as it's still being constructed. And my 450 has since been painted in a fire engine red and white two tone paint job. But the pics I have of the paint job makes the red look pink because of the lighting. I need to be able to take it outside and shoot some pics so the color looks truer.

Snapshot_20130314_1_zpsed3cb2f3.jpg

Snapshot_20130322_7_zps69780a92.jpg

Snapshot_20130202_1_zps671d63f6.jpg

Snapshot_20130415_7_zpsfb43a875.jpg

Derek

Oh wow!!! I love the Marathon! Great color scheme and just a good "all around" looker. Nice pictures buddy! Thanks for sharing!

DAL2855

Banned
I already have the Piper and the Bipe sold, but the marathon is also for sale if someone wanted to make me an offer on it. It will not come with engine or electronics. And has some slight damage on the left wingtip and where rudder attaches, but other than that, it's in perfect condition. I am thinking of staying with the Helicopters as I am much better at flying them than the fixed wing. BTW, the Marathon takes atleast a 26cc 2-stroke engine. I did have a DLE30 engine mounted on it, but have already sold the engine to another member of a different forum.

Lee

Welcome to the forum dude,
Nice fleet you have. i like the scale body on the 450GT. Let us know if theres anything we can do to help. I'm sure your experience will help others here too.
Lee

DAL2855

Banned
Thanks Lee, Yeah I have quite a bit of RW aviation experience, so it helps alot. Or atleast I think it does. Knowing how to fly a helicopter RW just translates into different control inputs into the radio instead of being at the real controls. I just have to learn how to apply everything I know about the real ones, and then learn what I don't already know. I am looking forward to learning alot here!

Tony

Staff member
Hey Mike, welcome to the forum. We do ask that you hold off on selling anything on here until you reach 50 posts please. Just a safety thing with spammers that like to sell things, accept the paypal money, then we never hear from them again. Never happened to me on this forum, but it has on other larger (non RC) forums time and time again. Just trying to protect those that are on here.

The fleet looks great. and You are one of the few that think flying heli's is easier than a plane. Enjoy your stay and can't wait to see that heli in the air!

:welcome1:

DAL2855

Banned
No problem Tony! I already got two of them sold to my buddy who is currently building my P-51 Mustang anyways! I love flying heli's though!

Top Bottom