FBL Gyro Ikon2 servo/battery/esc ports

So tonight i stsrted switching over from the 3GX to the Ikon2. Im confused on what channels/servos go where, except for the servos. Pretty sure that was easy.

If anybody could post a diagram on where the rest go that would be great

Derek

What type of receiver are you using? Are you using a full receiver or are you using satellites?

Maybe this will help. There should be a similar image in the Ikon set up

Brain_SR_800.jpg

Brain_SR_800.jpg

Its setup with two spektrum sats and the receiver is the ikon 2

Running of of my casrle bec are 2 red wires and two black wires totaling 2 plugs. Each plug has a black and red lead going to them

Derek

I have that same BEC on my Trex 600 with Ikon. I'd like to ask, again, what receiver are you using? Are you using a full sized receiver or are you using satellite receivers? I'm asking this because if you are using a full sized receiver, then the BEC will plug into the BATT/BIND port on your receiver. If you are using satellite receiver(s), the two leads will plug into channel 2 and channel 3. It's not necessary to have both leads from the BEC plugged into the Ikon but it does give a bit of redundancy protection. I have both leads plugged in on my Ikon.

Check out this image -

Ikon Diagram.png

Now, this is how I have mine set up. Double check your voltage specs and set your BEC to the voltage that your servos can handle, i.e. 6.0 or 7.4. Disregard the Y harness part of this image, as I imagine you won't have a fan on yours.

Ikon Diagram.png

Last edited:

Derek

do you mean DSM2 sats? If so, then your setup is similar to mine. I have two DSMX sats on mine. If that's the case, just follow the diagram in post number 5 and connect your BEC Pro to CH2 and CH3 on your Ikon.

do you mean DSM2 sats? If so, then your setup is similar to mine. I have two DSMX sats on mine. If that's the case, just follow the diagram in post number 5 and connect your BEC Pro to CH2 and CH3 on your Ikon.
Yes, that's what I have. Sorry, i usually type from a tablet.

The previous owner flew it with the 3GX and this controller. He said he ran the default and never messed with setting up the BEC so i bet its kicking out 5.1 volts. Ill check today. iF that is the case and my servos can handle more, what is the advantage, im assuming quicker response....what if i leave it?

5.95volts coming off of the BEC.

Align DS510 on the Aileron, Elevator, and Pitch

Align DS510 - Digital Mini Servo
Specifications
Modulation: Digital
Torque: 4.8V: 51.38 oz-in (3.70 kg-cm)
6.0V: 63.88 oz-in (4.60 kg-cm)

Speed: 4.8V: 0.13 sec/60°
6.0V: 0.11 sec/60°

DS520 on the Rudder
Align DS520 - Digital Mini Servo
Specifications

Modulation: Digital
Torque: 4.8V: 26.40 oz-in (1.90 kg-cm)
6.0V: 34.70 oz-in (2.50 kg-cm)

Speed: 4.8V: 0.09 sec/60°
6.0V: 0.07 sec/60°

According to the specs, and correct me if I'm wrong, if the BEC is kicking out 5.95volts and these are rated for 6volts, I should be okay right?

Top Bottom