FBL Gyro iKon w CC 120HV

cml001

Hi guys, I need help with a set up procedure. I think I've done it wrong. I have an iKon FBL unit and a CC 120HV ESC. I am using the iKon to gov'rn my head spead and not the Castle.. So.. In set up of the Castle you calibrate end points so it knows high & low stick.. But then u do the same with iKon... Does this conflict w one another... How do u guys do it?

pvolcko

You need to get your stick endpoints calibrated in Ikon setup first (the screen with the bars on it for all the input channels). Once that's done then you can set endpoints between the ikon and the castle esc. This can be done later on in the setup process once you're onto setting up your flight banks and governor settings. There is an advanced screen for governor that lets you adjust the min and max output on the throttle channel. You use this screen to establish endpoint setup on the ESC. You'll set the sliders to mid range and then fire up the ESC (Tx at high stick, blades off the heli). You'll then increase the MAX slider slowly until the ESC beeps, then go to low stick on the Tx and move the slider slowly lower until the ESC completes it's initialization. That's it.

Last edited:

cml001

Thanks guys... I'll try this tomorrow. New to ikon and it just didn't seem right.. Thanks again!

cml001

Got it... I like the ikon.. I wanna tweek a few things I believe.. But she's pretty solid as is.. Thanks again guys!

cml001

Okay fellas.. I've got my gains square and she's awesome.. But I'm having a problem... Autorotation bail out setup. Upon throttle hold.. The first few seconds if I go back to idle up she ramps back up good for the bailout. If I wait on the head speed to drop significantly and go back to idle up I get the soft start. I have the timer set to 60sec... I'm on multi rotor so iKon has all control. I'd have to boot up to give my exact settings.. But does anyone have a quick answer I can try? I can't boot up right now.. Prolly should wait to post... I'll give my exact settings tomorrow.

pvolcko

In the advanced tab in ikon setup software there is a slider for bailout ramp up, crank that to the highest setting. Even that is a bit too slow for my liking, as you say, when the headspeed gets down too low. You might consider setting up so the Castle controls spool up and bailout recovery, it has a very good soft start and fast ramping bailout (if you use custom settings).

cml001

Was thinking of reverting to that.. External gov in ESC to open that up... Gonna play with it some more before I do that tho... Thanks Paul!

cml001

I got it... I think... Charging the pack for another flight... I'm love'n the 550... And the ikon... A lot of capabilities in iKon that the beasxt limits u too(but it does work & is solid.. The beastx).

- - - Updated - - -

If still like to see what others r running tho.

totoheat

Paul

I have calibrated Talon 90 ESc while I was using 3GX

now I have iKON and I have followed the steps as you indicated for iKON throttle calibration and actually I got it but I end with the following figures in slider
Min :1025
Max: 1951

I see a big difference and am not sure if this actually correct

when I did it I leave Tx servo travel as end when I calibrate it with iKON step 4 (slider screen)

Tx setup with following values
Min:128
Max:129

its necessary to have the Tx values back to 100% in order to calibrate Throttle in iKON software?

or it can be done without changing Tx Servo travel for Throttle?

right now all is working perfect I mean I turn Tx on and then Rx and then ESC and arm perfectly is just am not sure that I understand indications for this calibration

help much appreciated

Angel

pvolcko

Sounds like you did it right. Your numbers are not that different. If it's working then roll with it. :)

Top Bottom