FBL Gyro IKON setup help!

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Ok Gaba, Lee, I went thru most of the sey up for my Ikon. At the end where you check the servo set up on the last menu. Forward to rear seams fine. but Right to left when you tip the heli to the right the swach goes right. When tilting left the swach goes left. Shouden't that be opposit?

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
when you do the transmitter setup on the (i think) third page. where you set your travel percent to 100percent. in that menu you have to make sure that the directions those sliders are going is correct also .. so aileron right should make the slider go right and so on and so forth. If its not, then reverse that channel in the radio

Then go back to where you set the servos level (subtrim) and see if the swash ismoving the right directions... if not use reverse button there to get the servos right

then chekc the subtrim and 90's again ..

then make sure install direction is right

and now on the last page the swash should automatically fix itself.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Ok waiting for batteries to charge. hmmm

- - - Updated - - -

Anoughter question hiow do i set up a switch for auto level?

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
in the screen when you were setting the three flight settings. there if should have a check mark for self level. the setting that has it checked will be autolevel. So as soon as you switvh to it, it will auto level. In a flight mode, there isnt a seperate button to activate it. Make sure only one setting has it.. the rest two can be two without and have different gains and settings.

Please be really careful bout the auto level. I wouldnt check that on maiden. lol.. cause in self level, the ikon gets very vibration sensitive. :) Make sure there is good gyro tape under it and engine well tuned before going self level :) (untuned engine = vibrations) :)

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
So only one setting gets auto level? Ok good thing you told me lol. Still can't figure out what's up with the tipping right to left not working right. I switched the tx reverse on the aileron. Didn't work. Then tried in the ikon program and that just screwed up everything! So I might need some good help on it.

Lee

Go to the screen with the Radio on it.
Move your aileron left and right. Does it match the movement of the slider on the screen?
If not reverse the Aileron direction in your radio.

Screen Shot 2013-05-02 at 00.45.28.png

Screen Shot 2013-05-02 at 00.45.28.png

Lee

Go to the screen with the Radio on it.
Move your aileron left and right. Does it match the movement of the slider on the screen?
If not reverse the Aileron direction in your radio.

View attachment 6026

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
THe servos are numbered in the software. Make sure you follow that numbering where is 1 where is 2 and where is 3 :)

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I thought that I did! Lol but the bird was faceing Me when I did it. So I may have them backwards ill check soon has I get time. Waiting to see what time I'm going back to work today.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Well I did a quick check before running off to work. I did have the aileron and pitch servos backwards in the ikon. But they still goes in the opposite direction from what the should. When I get back I'll have to go thru the whole set up once again. One other thing I saw was that the throttle servo closes real fast but opens real I mean real slow! Is that just cause the motor Isn't running to get the response from the gov?

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
with the engine off, the governor should be disabled. Are you using Ikon governor?

I am not sure what Ikon governor behaves like .. BUt I am guessing thats the spool up ramp going a soft start.

DO you have the latest software installed? I am guessing its the soft start itself.. THe governor needs different throttle curves (linear) .. so check if that is set in your radio .. i not set that. and then check

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
with the engine off, the governor should be disabled. Are you using Ikon governor?

I am not sure what Ikon governor behaves like .. BUt I am guessing thats the spool up ramp going a soft start.

DO you have the latest software installed? I am guessing its the soft start itself.. THe governor needs different throttle curves (linear) .. so check if that is set in your radio .. i not set that. and then check

Yes I'm using the ikon gov. Yes I updated it right off the bat. Soon has I started up the ikon software it had an up date. So I have to put linear curves in ok. I have n-0-25-50-75-75. Id1-85-80-75-80-85. Id2-100-95-90-95-100. Th-00000. What should I change them to. I asked fir a set up no one gave me one. I have no idea if I should use DR and Expo or not. Anything. I'm just guessing at this point.

Last edited:

Lee

I'm not using Gov on my Warp, but as far as DR/expo the software takes care of that depending on what flight mode you choose. I would stick to beginner or sport for now Sam.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I have beginner, beginner and sport in id3. I picked auto level in id3. With my nitro motor I'm using the gov. So then I should go into the tx and inn dr and expo? I have it set to act now.

- - - Updated - - -

What about my throttle curves? Should they all be set to liner? Or just the normal mode to liner?

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Sam, Throttle curves for nitros are not good linear and where you have them for ID1 and 2 ... Sorry if I missed a post about this.

are you using a governor? (which is more than recommended for your engine and size helicopter).. I would say Dont go up in the air without.
But if you must choose the not to, it's not something that'll hurt the engine, if throttle curves are set right.. People flew for years without governors and did just fine.. Just that it takes a bit more diligence to setup you throttle curves just right.

Ok so if you do want to have governor disabled : the throttle curves should be like this:

Normal: 0-40-60-80-100

ID1: 90-65-50-65-90 (make the curve V shaped with max at 90 and mid point at 50)

ID2: 100-75-50-75-100 (make the curve V shaped with max at 100 and mid point at 50)

If you use the Ikon governor, (connect your magnetic sensor to the Ikon governor port) and then set your throttle curves to

Normal : 30 30 30 30 30 30

ID1: 60 60 60 60 60 60

ID2 : 100 100 100 100 100 100

Now these values are not what the transmitter says as 30 percent .. its when the slider on the software (governor page) says 30 or 60 or whatever.

once on governor, the throttle curve does not matter . Sensor divisor: 1 ("sensor detected" in software should show ON on only one magnet. If it shows on both , then divisor is 2)

D/R Expo : While Lee says to depend totally on Ikon's own pre programmed ones.. I use them but in addition to D/R and EXPO on my TX. D/R is always 100... Expo : depending on your sensitivity to the transmitter and how sensitive you like the bird.. I would not go over 25percent (which is a big value) .. Start at may be 10 and then go up or down..

I run 5 percent more expo on rudder than I run on aileron and elevator.. Aileron expo = elevator expo..

UPdate:

if you are using Beginner setup .. your bird is gonna be very very mild anywaz.. so may be start off without expo and add to taste

Last edited:
Top Bottom