FBL Gyro ikon servo cyclic centering problem

badger1666

hi all new to this forum and need a little help with my ikon setup on a goblin 380 using savox servos
the problem i, am having is cyclic servos center when you stick one way but opisite stick and they don't return to dead center.
now this happens if I am in setup mode or normal use , so makes swash levelling very difficult
also leads to not being able to get pitch set properly ie (set for -12deg and you only get +10deg)
same for trying to set cyclic throw get 10deg one way and get 13deg the other, spent a lot of hours trying to solve this and got nowhere
hope someone can help

thanks

Tony

Staff member
I have never really heard of Savox having centering issues. I'm thinking, if it is in fact the servos, you may need to contact who you got them from and see about returning or exchanging them.

How big is the gap in the center? With the servo initialized, while moving it by hand, is there still play or does it try to keep the center like it should?

badger1666

Dont think it's the servos ,they hold just fine ,and the odds of all 3 acting the same are slim. I think it's something in the ikon. If I give it full positive pitch it returns to center ( 0deg ) if I give it full negative pitch , it returns to -2.4 deg. This happens in setup or flight mode so getting a proper setup is difficult the knock on effect is all ways 2degs or so out like aileron is out as well showing ,10deg fulll left and 7.4 full right. The helicopter flies fine but having the 2deg offset between going from + to - is a bit of a pain

Thanks

murankar

Staff member
Has this gyro been setup before or is this a fresh setup? Also did you update the firmware? If it has been setup before and you have done the update check all the settings in all the banks. I heard that there is a rare issue that certain settings get wiped out after update.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

badger1666

Its a fresh setup , its defo not servos just tried a new set. And problem remains
Does anyone know if there are fake ikons about ?
I did buy it through hobby king with some lipos, and noticed the box print and fbl print quality
Is not good, have i been sold an inferior quality fake?

Has this gyro been setup before or is this a fresh setup? Also did you update the firmware? If it has been setup before and you have done the update check all the settings in all the banks. I heard that there is a rare issue that certain settings get wiped out after update.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

cml001

Good ?, didn't know u could get them off HK. Have u went into the advanced menu & set level for full pos, mid stick(as set in basic menu), & full neg? This will ensure level travel throughout pitch travel.

Last edited:

badger1666

The hk UK store has the ikon not sure about rest of world . I will give the set level a go ,did not know you had to do it at all three stick positions

Thanks

cml001

Not set level.. Which yeah do that as well once the heli itself is level on the bench... I was referring to the swash..

Tony

Staff member
Hobbyking is getting into selling everything. Ikon, Fatshark and I even think you can get BK servos there as well now. They are trying to not only carry the very cheap CRAP, but some high end options as well.

Top Bottom