FBL Gyro Ikon Self Level

fhu667

Well I set it up and tested it, and I am quite impressed! I am using all 3 banks. 1 and 3 are banks set up for flying, and I use the gear select to toggle between them. Bank 2 is for self leveling, and I use the trainer switch for that, so whenever I press down the trainer switch it activates self level. When I let go of the switch it goes into the normal flight bank that it was in before I pressed the button. I also moved my trainer switch on my DX8 to the edge by swapping it with my gear switch. I got the instructions from a thread on helifreak and a video a guy made that shows how to set up some mixes to do all of it. Below is a video of the first test.
WARP - self leveling - YouTube

fhu667

Absolutely! I should have done that with the first post, but I got lazy.
The video is from johnjonfenomenon and here is the link:
Setting up an Ikon FBL unit to have positive pitch with a DX8 - YouTube

The topic on helifreak can be located here:
Self Leveling with collective - HeliFreak

Johnjonfenomenon did a nice job figuring out the mixes and putting out a video, but he leaves out one of the mixes. I'll put my transmitter mixes and settings below, and that may help with a bit of the confusion.

On my DX8 I have the following settings:
Sw Select: Trainer: Aux3, Mix: Aux2, All others are set to inhibit.

Mixing:
Mix1: AX3 > AX2; Rate: 0%, 125%; Offset 0%; Trim: Inh; Then I highlighted flight modes N,1,2
Mix2: AX3 > AX2; Rate: 0%, -71%; Offset 0%; Trim: Inh; Then I highlighted flight modes N,1,2
Mix3: AX3 > PIT; Rate: 0%, 77%; offset 0%; Trim: Inh; Then I highlighted flight modes N,1,2

Mix1 and Mix2 make it so when you hit the trainer button that flight mode 2 (self level) is enabled. Mix3 gives you positive collective when you activate the trainer button. If you don't have self level setup yet I'd suggest you leave off Mix3 until you know that the self level will actually level the heli.

As a note.... I really like self level being on the trainer button. I've seen and heard of people not having self level working right or maybe have too many vibes for self level to work, and if it's on a toggle switch I wonder if that is a big distraction trying to toggle back and save the heli from crashing.

Lee

Very nice mate.
I have mine set up, but never had the need to use it in anger yet.

cml001

Interesting... I had almost talked myself to get another ar7200... But I may have keep reading. Thanks bro!

Top Bottom