FBL Gyro Ikon question

treff

I set my Ikon up to work with the GOV switch. My set up is for take off.............. throttle curve is 0,45,75,75,75 and
for normal flight IU 1 is 90, 90, 90,90, 90 WITH IU 2 Being the same 90 across the board but with SL . Pitch is linear throughout. I use the GOV switch to change between
these setting. At the moment this is not happening and I am not sure if it is supposed to. Should the GOV switch work in tandem
with the F MODE switch is what I want to know or do you have to set them separately? IE for set IU1 on F MODE switch then set GOV switch to middle position. It just seems
like a long winded way of doing things can they not be put on one switch i.e. the F MODE switch ? Many thanks for any replies or thoughts.
TX is DX8 and heli Agile 5.5

Slobberdog

treff your flight mode switch controls your rpm through your pitch curves the gov switch will control the bank settings in the Ikon to get your different handling and self level,

I think you have to assign gov switch to aux 2 in switch menu to let it control the banks, go into ikon software tx screen after you have assigned the switch then check to see if the bank changes with the switch

treff

Thanks Kev. Yes what I thought. Yes working like you say. I was wondering though if you could assign one switch, say the F MODE switch to do
it all? I'm not sure if you can. Anyway you cleared up a grey area. Thanks mate. Just need some decent weather. Cheers

Slobberdog

no probs mate glad to help,

I would keep it separate, I have a thread in the gyro section I think showing you how to mix switches so you get the gear switch behind the flight mode switch to activate your self level, and keep your gov switch for using the other two banks, basically it overrides the gov switch to change between whatever bank you have it in to bank 3 or SL bank.

check it out and if you need further help get back to me,

here you go see post 40

Ikon or Brain setup - Page 4

pvolcko

Personally I run them as separate switches. F Mode for Normal/IU1/IU2 RPM selection (controlled through different flat throttle curves for each position). Gyro switch for Ikon bank setting, assigned to AUX2 in the Tx setup.

I've heard of people running them both on the same switch (usually F-Mode switch). Once you have settled on tuning params for the Ikon via the flight banks for each RPM, then you can certainly do this. To me, making this move too soon though would be a pain. I prefer having the flexibility of trying out multiple sets of params via an independent bank select switch during tuning phase.

treff

Thanks pvolcko, yes I will probably leave them on s separate switches.
Just an aside and completely of topic. Many years ago I used to write to a pen pal in Syracuse upper NY state
your location just jogged my old grey cells lol. Cheers

Top Bottom